Author Topic: Season Pass Survey  (Read 7625 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Season Pass Survey
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »
I didn't receive the survey but I can't say I am shocked. HFE is becoming increasingly corporate so they will gradually shift to the corporate model employed by Disney/Universal. I am cheap, so I don't want to be limited on my options yet also pay a higher price than I am paying now. I'm kind of surprised they are keeping the free guest passes as an option with the season passes.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »
I want to know what percentage of guest passes that are issued with season passes actually get used. I’m assuming it’s small enough that they wouldn’t earn much more money if they didn’t offer them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:28:52 PM by Tmboote »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 02:15:42 AM »
^Yeah I have only used one guest pass this year.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
How likely would you be to purchase the following type of ticket to Silver Dollar City in the next 12 months?

Admission Type: 2 Days at Silver Dollar City
Days of the Week: Unrestricted Days
Add-On: A ticket to White Water where you can come and go anytime for those same 2 Days PLUS 1 Showboat cruise during your trip
Adult Price: $58.99
Month of Visit: November - December
   ( White Water During Old Time Christmas?)  why waste my time with those questions?

THey are trying to become a WDW with the pricing.  This is not going to work in SDC. 
SDC is getting a little big for its britches, I suspect they try this they are going to take a hurting $$
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:20:18 AM by mhguy77 »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 09:03:54 AM »
Saturday is about the only day of the week we can go; the only other day we've been on in the last several years was the Monday of Labor Day.  It would be nice to do weekdays, but, with our work and school schedules, it won't happen (except maybe during the week between Christmas Day and New Year's).

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 09:41:18 AM »
We usually go on Sunday to avoid the crowds. I'd be interested in a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday pass if it was offered. Even though I know that for much of the year, SDC isn't even open on Monday or Tuesday, I'd still be interested.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
It doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. If you want the ability to come the entire year, get the main season pass like always. They have at least two big issues here that they want to address:
1) Weekends are outrageously crowded during Christmas. To the point that they are having to shut the gates early and turn people away. At some point you have to raise the prices to meet some kind of market equilibrium. The crowds are good in one sense, but at this point it is a traffic/safety nightmare and it negatively impacts the experiences of all guests.
2) People are always clamoring for cheaper SDC passes and tickets. The "Steal-your-dollar-city" dig has gone on forever, and with prices rising it's only going to get worse as more of the working class in this area get priced out of SDC. This is a way to address that portion of the market and make everyone happy.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:36 PM »
I finished the survey and it is a little confusing at times.  But I gotta say that most, if not all, choices given were not something I would be interested.  I didn't know that about turning away people at OTC, that would be a major turnoff, especially having traveled 3 hours to get there.
Vote to end 2020!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »
So i did the survey...  have to say, I am not at all impressed with their line of questions..  Sounds like they are going to jack up the price..

Maybe we have been "spoiled" at season pass rates for so long, any increase sounds bad.

I would hate to say, I would not go to SDC, But if they were to raise the price of SP,. or eliminate it completely and do the other passes...  I would consider it....

What bothers me most of all, NO mention of season pass..  just new passes...  now of course this wouldt go into play until 2020 at the earliest.  But still... something to be thinking about..

I for sure would not care about a combo with Showboat until they go in a redo the current show. It just isnt that good of a show.. IMHO..   

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »
We don't tend to go weekend or holidays. I try to avoid summer like the plague. So why should I lose out on the BAF tickets if I choose a cheaper option? Its how I get my extended family and friends in who CANT afford it. Times are a changing. BTW, I love the payment plan they offer. It's a nice option.