Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Outlaw Run restraint changes

(1/2) > >>

Double Kay:
Does anyone know why Outlaw Run further tightened their restraints this year? My husband was able to ride when we were there in December, but now, no dice. Hilariously (or frustratingly) enough, he's actually 30 lbs lighter than he was in December.

So, it's definitely not him.

I noticed the restraints seemed much less forgiving on me as well.

What's up with that? They were already so freakin' restrictive.

sdcfan88:
I know if this was TPR or another enthusiast forum I'd get a lot of flack for this but it's the main reason why I am not super fond of RMC. Their coaster trains and restraints are the most restrictive, painful, and uncomfortable ones I've rode in for a coaster. I wished they could be redesigned like how B&M recently did with their old OTSR systems.

EDIT: Granted I know they have been revised before, particularly the shin bars but I still feel the trains/restraints need further revision. Just my opinion tho.

Double Kay:
I totally agree. I love RMC rides, but their restraints suck.

I’d give up some of my airtime in order to have a more comfortable and inclusive ride.

Okiebenz:
That is why I only ride OR about once a year, I really find the restraints and/or seat uncomfortable.

shavethewhales:
I think sometimes when they switch out the seat belts they end up with slightly shorter belts. Or perhaps the belts stretch out with use? Seems like we keep having this conversation though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version