Author Topic: Random.? Anybody out there ride These new side x sides UTV's?  (Read 6958 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Random.? Anybody out there ride These new side x sides UTV's?
« on: October 07, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »
So? 
I have designed, built and rode dune buggies for over 40 years...
Ridden dirt dirt bikes for over 50 years,
3 and 4 wheelers of all sizes and makes and models. over 40 years..
But I am thing about getting into a Side by Side Racer (polaris razor for example).
Anybody ride? pros-cons? brands? sizes?
I am looking at 2015 or newer 900 or 1000 polaris....
Ideas? suggestions? problems?

GO!!..

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Random.? Anybody out there ride These new side x sides UTV's?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »
I do not have a Razr but just a 570 Ranger so I cannot speak to the racing aspect. Just use mine for utilitarian reasons and gravel road running. Also, take it west for my Wyoming hunting trips. I am very satisfied with it. But, I have heard and read on forums and review sites that Polaris has slipped in quality control the last few years and are putting out a lot of inferior products. This is not first hand experience by me. Just other enthusiast talking. I am thinking of getting a second machine like a razr so I can ride more with my friends on some trails, and I am going to seriously consider Can-Am this time.   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:47:34 PM »
I also considering the Can Am,  seems to be well built and i am not reading negative stuf about them as of yet..  Can Am has always been a well built machine. 
As well as Polaris, but I have been hearing/reading exactly what you just said.
Yamaha is building a good machine too..  nephew has one, and loves his//

Just looking for feedback.  thanks

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »
I hope you get lots of responses, Sand.  I need to trade in my golf cart for a Kubota or something similar.  I'm no longer a flat lander, and that golf cart won't help getting around any longer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 05:43:51 PM »
I hope you get lots of responses, Sand.  I need to trade in my golf cart for a Kubota or something similar.  I'm no longer a flat lander, and that golf cart won't help getting around any longer.

If your talking work/utility vehicle. 
Polaris ranger is the way I would go.
A 500cc or bigger will do a lot of work, or cruise around easily..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »

Sand, yes!  Just utility/work to get around the property and move stuff.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »

for sure IMHO that is,  polaris ranger, that is their utility model as I said,  500cc or bigger, maybe 800cc?  Rangers have been around for years, and you should be able to find a used one with low hours...  just  have to "shop" around.

Sell the golf cart, they are bringing decent money for good used..

I suggest staying away from John Deere, Kubota, Kawasaki,  they are very proud of their paint.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »

for sure IMHO that is,  polaris ranger, that is their utility model as I said,  500cc or bigger, maybe 800cc?  Rangers have been around for years, and you should be able to find a used one with low hours...  just  have to "shop" around.

Sell the golf cart, they are bringing decent money for good used..

I suggest staying away from John Deere, Kubota, Kawasaki,  they are very proud of their paint.

Thanks!  Might be hard to sell my golf cart around here in Golf Cart Land! Mine was used on flat land for gardening, firewood, yard work, etc. on 3 acres.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:50 AM »
I just sold my old golf cart, 4 seater, old gas motor, new tires, new batt..  I sold it for 1500,  glad to be rid of it, the buyer was happy to get it..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:34:23 AM by sanddunerider »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 07:55:59 AM »
We've been happy with our Honda Pioneer, we use it for all kinds of stuff from cultivating and planting nearly 5 acres of corn to hauling off those corn fed bucks and so on the land in Tennessee, it gets us and our gear to our pit blinds in flooded rice fields and handles mud holes, ect on the trails to our flooded timber holes here in Arkansas.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 02:02:48 PM »

Gillligan, I totally Agree with Sanddune on this. My dad has had both a Kubota and a mule. Did not like either one and wants my 570 Polaris bad. LOL. The other 2 were way to slow for him. They are more a hard working vehicle. Good for the purpose though.  I am very happy with my 570 for utility and hunting. But, I do want a trail toy so I am following this thread hoping to pick up on some info. Also as a side note the 570 will hit 55 before the govoners kick in. Not sure if I want to go much faster on gravel roads so I have not messed with getting it to go faster.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:04:47 PM by Runner1960 »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »
I have a regular ATV (Polaris Sportsman 500), but I only use it for plowing snow.

The side-by-sides and UTVs are pretty popular here for trail riding, though. If you've seen the NH episodes of North Woods Law, you've seen where I live.  :)

https://ridethewilds.nhgrand.com

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 07:55:12 AM »
I ended up with a great deal on a used 2014 XP900 RZR,  only 35 hours..  Next to new..   

Has been raining and cold since i picked it up.. Still on trailer in the barn...  LOL

Already has the 4 strap harness, lots of extra lights, upgraded tires, full doors and roof., I figure about 1500.00 worht of add-ons..

I ended up with  front and rear sand tires, extra axle, extra drive belt, tool box.

Rated at 75 Hp,  I  like it....  But i can tell next one will be 1,000cc- rated at 110..   the 900 will be a good starter machine, and when if I buy another, the wife will drive the 900.  "Win Win" !!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 07:59:07 AM »
hmm.. more pics?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
Nice Ride. Congratulations