Author Topic: Worlds of Fun Question  (Read 2613 times)

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Worlds of Fun Question
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:48:06 PM »
I have been to WOF several times this year and have noticed several things that I don't agree with. Its just two things in particular and they are smoking/vaping and drinking alcohol in the queue lines. To clarify, observed several people smoking and a lot of people vaping in the queue lines. Was standing in line for the Cornstalkers maze and had a large group behind me drinking beer. They had the larger cans of Bush Light. I know they sell alcohol in the park but didn't realize that you could carry it around with you. Several security and park employees seen the above mentioned behavior and ignored it, which lead me to believe its acceptable behavior. What are all your thoughts on this type of behavior?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Worlds of Fun Question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:23:16 PM »
Smoking and vaping happen everywhere. It happens in lines at SDC too, even though the clientele is generally of a slightly different nature. I don't like it, but some people just plain suck and don't care about bothering everyone else. I don't see the drinking as a big deal - they do sell beer all over the park and they probably paid at least $10 a piece for those cans so they should enjoy them I guess.

WOF is not a park for the uptight. It's an urban park that caters to the local KC metro. During Halloween especially the crowd is much more wild and raunchy than the family friendly destination resorts like Disney and the HFEC parks.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Worlds of Fun Question
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:39:50 PM »
WOF does a good job during the day to make sure people stay in the smoking areas to smoke and vape but during the actual hours of HAUNT they have bigger things to worry about. As far as alcohol, they have an open carry policy during the actual hours of HAUNT.  You mentioned CornStalkers, there are literally two booths that sell alcohol at the bottom of the hill (The Oasis and Oasis Deck). 

My suggestion is if you don’t want to have to deal with the commoners in the stand by line entertaining themselves while waiting 2-3 hours per maze, pony up and purchase Fright Lane.  I personally have never had to deal with smoking or vaping or drinking in line because I don’t stand in lines. 
SWOOSH