Author Topic: Refill Cups  (Read 11281 times)

pintrader

Re: Refill Cups
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »
They are currently selling retired mugs for 8bucks with free refills for the rest of the year at certain places. It was a better deal for 4 of us to just do that considering we have at least two more visits left.

What retired mugs are they using?  So after the first 5 refills which would be $8.75, you would be getting free drink refills for the rest of the year?   I know there is only about 3 months left in the year but that seems a little generous even for SDC standards  :).

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »
We bought the free refill mugs. It was a great deal. We earned half our money back on each in just one visit. The each have a sticker on them. If the sticker isn’t there, they will not refill it. It is good only for pop and water refills. Specialty drinks are regular refill prices. You can refill them through the end of the year.

Our group bought 4 total. We got 3 different years. I assume they have a warehouse full of them and that’s why they are doing the promo.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
Where are they selling the old cups at?  Wondering if they have ones that I don't have so I can add them to my collection.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »
We got ours at the coke  refill station between the new chicken place and the skillets across from Time Traveler.
They were 2012 Old Time Christmas cups.

We're leaving town next weekend as the bikes roll into.Fayetteville and plan to hit up the park at least once though we are going to Branson for the mountain coaster and other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:07:05 PM by chittlins »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 10:30:41 PM »
If the price difference would break them, the refillable cups wouldn't be offered in the first place.

They sell them knowing that the vast majority will only be used for one visit. Fans who hang onto theirs year after year for repeat visits are obviously worth a lot more than a nickel's worth of soda (which is all that 50 cent price difference costs them).

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »
We got ours at the tater twist stand.

Mom was using an old one at the grilled cheese stand. They asked to see hers so they knew what to charge her. Most places don’t ask to see them anymore.

pintrader

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
We got ours at the tater twist stand.

Mom was using an old one at the grilled cheese stand. They asked to see hers so they knew what to charge her. Most places don’t ask to see them anymore.

I would imagine corporate looked at the extra income, but also figured they could get a more consistent and universal pricing on drinks.   I mean you got to admit the pricing on the mugs was all over the place with $1, $1.50, $1.75...etc.   I have even brought older mugs with the pricing rubbed out, and they would ask me what year it was.   Being a young worker at the park and having all these different mugs shoved into your face would be quite an undertaking. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
I would think they'd be making a profit (at least with the older, smaller mugs like we have) by selling $1 refills.  Soda is not expensive and those mugs don't even hold a 12 oz. can's volume.
I'm Your Huckleberry

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 08:59:22 AM »
I would think they'd be making a profit (at least with the older, smaller mugs like we have) by selling $1 refills.  Soda is not expensive and those mugs don't even hold a 12 oz. can's volume.

Indeed:  at $1.50, they're making about 90% profit.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 01:42:13 PM »
Just FYI they refilled our $1 mugs yesterday without any issues.

pintrader

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »

So much for the memo  :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »

I guess I will be keeping my faded but legible Buzzsaw Falls mugs ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »

So much for the memo  :)

Seriously!  I'll try mine at yet another vendor this week if I can drag the hubs away, and see what happens. We're finally moving into our new house!