Author Topic: Wild Adventures 2019 Alligator/Kids Area  (Read 5058 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Wild Adventures 2019 Alligator/Kids Area
« on: September 13, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
https://www.wildadventures.com/Explore-the-Park/Other-Attractions/Adventure-Area

Wild Adventures is getting a true HFE treatment again. This time they are taking an existing section of the park, adding a huge alligator exhibit, and retheming half a dozen smaller kids rides to make a cohesive gator-themed area.

It looks like such a brilliant move. They are saving money on new rides by giving live to some older ones, which makes a lot of sense considering how WA is already pretty stacked with rides. The alligator thing sounds awesome, and it adds to the uniqueness of the park as a whole. It feels like a big upgrade to the park without them necessarily doing that much.

I'm certainly OK with them continuing to develop as BGT North.  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Wild Adventures 2019 Alligator/Kids Area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
I agree.  I think this is a great move by the park.  I think a Premier SR2 would be a good fit in the near future as well
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:13:48 PM »
This looks like a great idea. 
Kids will dig it as well as the parents... 
IF you cant have dinosaurs.....  Gators are the next best thing,

Too bad that doesnt fit SDC theming, that could be made to fit into the wasted space at HDH!! Under the swinging bridge and in view from the treehouses for the kids.....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »

Too bad that doesnt fit SDC theming, that could be made to fit into the wasted space at HDH!! Under the swinging bridge and in view from the treehouses for the kids.....

I say go for it.  There are alligators in Arkansas and probably some in the wetlands shared by MO and AR
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »

I say go for it.  There are alligators in Arkansas and probably some in the wetlands shared by MO and AR

Maybe some BIG snapping turtles too??   LOL :o :o    OK>  maybe not..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »
Why not ?  This isn’t a petting zoo. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:31:04 PM »

Nope, I -40 is currently about the extent of their year round range. Some Male juveniles may venture north in warmer weather but the head south  come fall. I grew up on the banks of the St. Francis and spent countless hours out in the Sunkin Lands. Grandpa even had a house boat on the lake.  They have tried to introduce them to help control the beavers but they don't last. I have 120 acres of bottom land hardwoods along the L'Anguille River between Wynne and Harrisburg, 80 on the west bank and 40 on the east. No gators and we have a slough they would be all over. Now, talk to me about  cottonmouths. Fantastic Duck hunting.

Wild Adventures would be a fantastic park for one of fun little Gravity Group coasters.

I'm going to stop at Parc St. Paul just to ride that one and also get a PAX credit. Too close to Monet's Gardens not to.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:34:09 PM by chittlins »