General Category > Random Talk

More ADA news about parks

(1/3) > >>

KBCraig:
This is specifically about Disney, but we've had discussions about the American with Disabilities Act as it applies to SDC. I don't think it belongs in SDC talk, nor other parks talk, so I'm putting it in Random Talk.

I quote from law professor Eugene Volokh's "Short Circuit" roundup of recent U.S. Circuit Court decisions.

"Disney theme parks accommodate individuals with cognitive disabilities by allowing them to skip the line for all rides with wait times of less than 15 minutes (which is most rides) and to schedule appointments at rides with longer wait times. They are never required to wait in lines. Parents (in 30 separate lawsuits): Not good enough. Our kids still have meltdowns. Eleventh Circuit: Disney might not be complying with the ADA."

okiebluegrass:
I heard a complaint once that we should shut the cave down because it's not ADA compliant.  ::)

sirwillow:

--- Quote from: okiebluegrass on October 24, 2018, 11:57:49 AM ---I heard a complaint once that we should shut the cave down because it's not ADA compliant.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Well if they would just move it someplace flat and smooth the whole thing out it wouldn't be a problem.  ;-P

Gilligan:

--- Quote from: sirwillow on October 24, 2018, 02:46:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: okiebluegrass on October 24, 2018, 11:57:49 AM ---I heard a complaint once that we should shut the cave down because it's not ADA compliant.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Well if they would just move it someplace flat and smooth the whole thing out it wouldn't be a problem.  ;-P

--- End quote ---

If they move the cave someplace flat, they should go ahead and move the whole park.  Those hills... ;D! And, then close the restaurants because as someone with celiac, I can't eat at them.

sdcfan88:

--- End quote ---

Yup better take it out like the Waterboggen ride. (among others)  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version