Author Topic: TNT  (Read 4330 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
TNT
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
Waits everywhere....except TNT. Sitting here near the exit I’ve heard three “never agains”, two “that’s so rough” and one “that hurt”.  That doesn’t count the adults I’ve heard refusing to ride it. Something is going to have to give.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TNT
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
Waits everywhere....except TNT. Sitting here near the exit I’ve heard three “never agains”, two “that’s so rough” and one “that hurt”.  That doesn’t count the adults I’ve heard refusing to ride it. Something is going to have to give.

Well maybe, this being an "off"year..  they work it over a little, new wheels would help..  I dont know, can they go in a massage the track at its seams? to smooth out the "bumps"?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
Wheels must be worn. TNT was SUPER popular earlier this year. Longest lines it's had since opening year.

TNT is finicky. The wheels seem to wear down more noticeably than other coasters. It's much better earlier in the season. Seems we go back and forth about how badly it needs "work". Hopefully it will get more attention soon when they get a few off days.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:31:06 PM »
The heavy rains don’t help.  The fill that TNT, TT and PK has been known to shift in big runoff situations.  They might need to go in and do some repiering of supports that have settled/shifted.  Just part of it at SDC
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:17:13 PM »
^This. I know people complain the most about that one rough spot just before you exit the tunnel.  Wheel work might help too but IME the ride runs great minus that one spot.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:58:14 AM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 02:03:32 AM »
Wheels must be worn. TNT was SUPER popular earlier this year. Longest lines it's had since opening year.

TNT is finicky. The wheels seem to wear down more noticeably than other coasters. It's much better earlier in the season. Seems we go back and forth about how badly it needs "work". Hopefully it will get more attention soon when they get a few off days.

I agree with this. Outside of it being a bit of a dud after the lifthill and being able to see too much backstage (Needed a really good airtime drop), I love the layout, but that helix has to be rough on the wheels. My son loves the dad gum thing and rode it 10 times last Sunday.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
I am not going to ride it again until I hear it has been worked on.  It used to be just that one spot on the tunnel was a little rough, then it got a lot rough.  Last time I rode it there were several rough spots.  It kills my back.

sdcDave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:33 PM »
I'm sure you all remember when they had some of the backwards cars.   I said "never again" the last time I rode it that way.  That one really killed my back.   I'd try it again facing forward for sure.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Did it really get that rough?  It rode smooth back in March. 

It's not as rough as then two mine trains at SFoT and SFSL I rode this year.  100x smother than then the Boss at SFSL (I hated that ride).  Probably better than Timberwolf and Prowler at WoF.  Even with the Boss and TW retracking.

Is this a case of SDC fans being spoiled by a park full of smooth coasters?

It is concerning if true with all the construction that happened near the lot.  I hope it wasn't damaged as the ground has settled.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:17:16 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 04:57:31 AM »
Did it really get that rough?  It rode smooth back in March. 

It's not as rough as then two mine trains at SFoT and SFSL I rode this year.  100x smother than then the Boss at SFSL (I hated that ride).  Probably better than Timberwolf and Prowler at WoF.  Even with the Boss and TW retracking.

Is this a case of SDC fans being spoiled by a park full of smooth coasters?

It is concerning if true with all the construction that happened near the lot.  I hope it wasn't damaged as the ground has settled.

I have to agree here. As I mentioned the only real rough patch that I brace for is right before you exit the tunnel and its been there since at least late 2016. Maybe its a particular train regarding the other issues? I know they have been using the Yellow/Green one a lot this year.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:23:05 PM by sdcfan88 »

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:10 AM »
Suck it up. It’s a thrill ride.  8)