Author Topic: Future DW Speculation  (Read 5665 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Future DW Speculation
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
In a recent article featuring the President of HFEC, she mentioned that lodging has been very successful at DW and they want to keep expanding it. Makes you wonder if another resort is in the works, or just an eventual expansion of Dreammore.

https://blooloop.com/features/jane-cooper-herschend-family-entertainment/

Of course I also am still curious about SDC's hotel, but I'll try to keep that in the SDC speculation threads.

It sounds like they don't plan to slow down much with the DW expansions just because the big ten year push is coming to a close. The park is so far ahead of where they were back in the 00's, but it still feels like they are one or two big attractions away from being a true destination for most people who. They need something large and reliable, like a B&M hyper. Probably don't want to copy Carowinds though, but at least Vekoma, Intamin, and Mack are all competing in that space as well now...

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: Future DW Speculation
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »
A Mack multi-launch/hyper that combines Helix and DC Rivals would be a stellar addition to their park.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:36:19 PM »
These guys made a video talking about a new ride survey put out that talks about a new Hyper Coaster, Mack Spinner, or Indoor Coaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOz98TupdoM

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
Wow, huge for them as always. So fresh off a huge new area expansion, they are looking at a new dark ride and another large coaster in fairly short succession. What can you say, they keep filling up the park so they need to keep expanding and compete with Carowinds.

Part of me really wants an HFEC hyper... but I think a Time Traveler-esque spinner would do well over there. They are still unique, and obviously so much fun.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:33:41 PM »
Part of me really wants an HFEC hyper... but I think a Time Traveler-esque spinner would do well over there. They are still unique, and obviously so much fun.
If they do a MACK spinning coaster like Time Traveler, I can see them putting it in Wildwood Grove and making the train look like a giant leaf!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
All the coaster concepts sound like DW's Mack coaster in a two'fer deal. DW ended up getting both Gerstlauers so when is SDC getting it's Vekoma?