Author Topic: vehicle transport.  (Read 4201 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
vehicle transport.
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »
SO?   
heres the deal,
I am buying a 1/2 ton shortbed pickup in san antonio texas...  looking to get it transported to Topeka kansas..  750 miles one way...  checked internet estimats are about 1,000.00 :o :o.   from major companies..  WOW!!     
Do any of you have a contact that does this kind of work?  that would do it for less money.. Maybe somebody headed that way loaded and looking for a load to bring back..  Thanks!!..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: vehicle transport.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
I'll check today and message you later.  message me pick up city and your city. 

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »
Fly to San Antonio and drive it back?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
Fly to San Antonio and drive it back?

Not driveable...  LOL.   But good thought!.. ;D

JamesQuam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 11:19:38 PM »
Did you get your 1/2 ton shortbed pickup transported till now? If not then you can contact car transport Sarasota team for the fast and reliable transportation service. My cousin had used their service while transporting his car from California to Sarasota. He really had a good experience with them. As the team provides transportation service in the overall US and overseas too, you can contact the experts without any worry. Hope this can help you. Good Luck!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 06:35:59 AM »
No I didnt,
It was  a performance vehicle with a 454 motor that would need to be rebuilt and modified.. 
By the time I bought it, transported it, then rebuilt motor and modiifed suspension.........   
Just didt work out logistically ??? ???.. 

I can buy a roller or driver a lot closer, and put the money in it, and have a better machine, I think ;D...

Thanks for the help!!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
I’ve had to pass on a lot of stuff I’d really like to have due to this. Seems about $1.50 or so a loaded mile is average. One of these days I’ll end up doing it I’m sure, a couple grand doesn’t buy a lot of rust repair and there is a awful lot of solid stuff out west. :)
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »
I’ve had to pass on a lot of stuff I’d really like to have due to this. Seems about $1.50 or so a loaded mile is average. One of these days I’ll end up doing it I’m sure, a couple grand doesn’t buy a lot of rust repair and there is a awful lot of solid stuff out west. :)

Hmm?  Thats a good point. I will try to look at i that way next time... ;D