Author Topic: Worlds of Fun Developments.  (Read 8810 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Worlds of Fun Developments.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »
It got damaged in the major storm that rolled through there last Fall.  Keep hearing that this is the final season for Dinos anyway so it might not come back.  The one that was just outside the front gate never returned with the new version of the gate.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »
Worlds of Fun opened on Friday (finally) and their new Nordic Chaser turned out nice.  It's a lot like the Regatta in GE but I think it is themed nicer.  I wish Regatta had a nice centerpiece like Nordic Chaser does.

In addition, they added a new fountain and brought back the floral clock (some of you might be too young to remember the old one - it was removed a long time ago).

The biggest thing is that Eli got a complete repaint.  It now looks like it did on the park's original opening day.  Super happy to see the park take better care of their crown jewel railroad.

Oh and if you want to feel really old -- MAMBA is celebrating 20 years this season.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 10:16:14 AM »
Some nice effort at WOF this year. After the turmoil of the last couple of years, it's good to see some things apparently getting back on track. Still a ways to go towards bringing the park back to it's full potential, but I like that they are getting back to paying attention to the overall park environment.

There's some thought out there that some of this is to prepare the park for the next round of big expansions. I don't know about that necessarily, but they are certainly getting into the expected time-frame for the the next big thing.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
BTW went to the WOF Timber Wolf Opening event on Friday night. It was awesome. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:37:22 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 11:29:02 PM »
For a full report from the Reopening please visit our update
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/05/timber-wolf-now-open-wof.html?m=1

I posted it already in the trip report thread but I’ll post it here as well
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:09 AM »
As always great pictures Swoosh.....

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
It's been quite a few years since I've been to WOF. It's part of our end of Summer fling with the kids also going to see Imagine Dragons at the Sprint Center.