Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

The Hobos of Hobo Junction Have Been Found!

(1/5) > >>

TheCrazyScarecrow:
I was riding the train today and remembered a bit of the ride that always caught my mind whenever I first rode the ride: Hobo Junction.

As many on these forums probably already know, Hobo Junction vanished during the construction of Outlaw Run. I always wondered what happened to the hobo figures. Were they off in storage somewhere in the park? Were the reused as props somewhere in Fire in the Hole or the Flooded Mine? Well, the answer to my question was answered after a Google search tonight. I found these photos on Tumblr.

Whenever Outlaw Run was built, I kept trying to get a glimpse to see the hobos while on the ride though soon gave up because that ride goes by so fast. I'm happy to have found photos, even if they may not be the best, of the hobos of Hobo Junction. I hope someday the hobos are put back in place whether on the train or as decor somewhere else in the park.

Does anyone else have any photos or found any photos of Hobo Junction? Do you think Hobo Junction will ever be restored? Also, was water actually showering the bathing hobo? For some reason I remembered this. And were these hobos still set up during the holidays?

Sorry, so many questions. I hope y'all enjoy my Google findings.

sanddunerider:
What about the shower house?.... ;) ;)

sirwillow:
Just to let you know, those photos are not current, and the hobos haven't been there in quite a while.  :-) 

MCLFLN:
Do you know what happened to them? Just curious...

shavethewhales:
The hobos are gone and will not be back. Most of the hillbilly/non-PC jokes and theming have been cleaned from the park. Even the guns are going bye-bye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version