Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Filming/Law Enforcement Day 6/12  (Read 3770 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Mike Huckabee Filming/Law Enforcement Day 6/12
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:31:56 PM »
Law Enforcement Day tomorrow at the City! Free admission for law enforcers. Anyone going to see the filming of the Mike Huckabee Show at the Opera House tomorrow? There are also K-9 demos at Riverfront.  Should be a good day!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Huckabee Filming/Law Enforcement Day 6/12
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »
Enjoyed watching the Huckabee show tonight that was taped at SDC a few weeks ago.  Great publicity for Silver Dollar City and Branson.  I think it airs again tomorrow night a couple of times and a second episode airs next weekend.  Nice, short interview with Jack and Pete and the new Governor of Missouri.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:06:18 AM »
In years past, this forum has tried to be mostly free of politics.

That's exactly how I was taught as an Army officer, and afterwards as a LEO for a federal agency (31 years combined).

My job and my politics have always been separate, even though I've never been shy about political opinions. Even now after retirement, I'm running for office for the first time, and the only reason that I mentioned it to my boss (in my part-time retirement job), is because if I am elected, I might have to adjust my schedule.

I love SDC. I'm not a fan of identity politics and virtue-signaling.

SDC is about a theme, of a mining town with a mostly-fictional hillbilly storyline, with some real history like the Bald Knobbers mixed in. Everyone, of every political persuasion, is welcome to join in on the fun without feeling that they have to subscribe to a particular form of patriotism, and not feel unwelcome if they don't.

As as veteran, as a retired LEO, I don't want anyone's gimmes. I'm going to get bold here and point out that almost everyone I served with feels the same, and those few who are "professional veterans" grabbing every discount and freebie they can get, probably weren't ever in danger of hostile fire.

I say that as a Cold War vet, never on active duty during a time of active hostilities (and that is a rare time period in US history).

Did I say too much or go too far? I hope no one here is offended as potential SDC visitor might be who doesn't celebrate taping of partisan political shows in park venues.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:25:38 PM »
KB, I totally agree with you on all points. If SDC wants to play the partisan political game then they probably do not need me as a customer. I also get tired of the constant military/veteran pandering  that goes on in the entire Branson area.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:58:28 PM »
To be fair, liberal media outlets have always been on campus, and the Huckabee thing did not take the place of scheduled entertainment.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »
To be fair, liberal media outlets have also been on campus, and the Huckabee thing did not take the place of scheduled entertainment.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

hikerdan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 12:41:27 AM »
In years past, this forum has tried to be mostly free of politics.

That's exactly how I was taught as an Army officer, and afterwards as a LEO for a federal agency (31 years combined).

My job and my politics have always been separate, even though I've never been shy about political opinions. Even now after retirement, I'm running for office for the first time, and the only reason that I mentioned it to my boss (in my part-time retirement job), is because if I am elected, I might have to adjust my schedule.

I love SDC. I'm not a fan of identity politics and virtue-signaling.

SDC is about a theme, of a mining town with a mostly-fictional hillbilly storyline, with some real history like the Bald Knobbers mixed in. Everyone, of every political persuasion, is welcome to join in on the fun without feeling that they have to subscribe to a particular form of patriotism, and not feel unwelcome if they don't.

As as veteran, as a retired LEO, I don't want anyone's gimmes. I'm going to get bold here and point out that almost everyone I served with feels the same, and those few who are "professional veterans" grabbing every discount and freebie they can get, probably weren't ever in danger of hostile fire.

I say that as a Cold War vet, never on active duty during a time of active hostilities (and that is a rare time period in US history).

Did I say too much or go too far? I hope no one here is offended as potential SDC visitor might be who doesn't celebrate taping of partisan political shows in park venues.

Thank you for that post. The one I posted was deleted awhile back as I wasn't quite so friendly as yourself. And I promptly left this board in frustration. But, I chose to come back and point out yet another curious action from a particular SDC elite.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 01:50:05 AM »
To be fair, liberal media outlets have also been on campus, and the Huckabee thing did not take the place of scheduled entertainment.

I suppose you mean CBS, NBC, CNN and ABC 8)
He did  a show that highlighted the Haygoods, Presleys, tony orlando, ect and had on Ashcroft. Whoop Dee Do.

Let me know when BET wants to do a show at SDC and is told no, until then folks should stop trying to find ways to be offended. is this now the American Way? Lord have mercy, the man was and still is immensely popular in a bordering state and major market of SDC.

If Jimy Kimmel wanted to do a show at SDC, as a conservative, I could care less. More pub for SDC.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:04:46 AM by chittlins »