Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Last Season for Cedric and Cajun Connection

(1/3) > >>

Gilligan:
Terry Sanders posted a statement on FB written by Cedric Benoit to let everyone know that a meeting took place two weeks ago informing him that this would be their last year at the City.  While I don't usually stop and listen to a full set, I always enjoy the familiarity of walking by and hearing them play.  They will be missed.  I hope this doesn't mean Danny Eaken and the Pickers are next. 

Swoosh:
All I will say is that there’s a lot of changes going on right now.  If they’ll be for the better remains to be seen. 

palallin:
The Pickers are on my 3 Favorite List in the City:  Pickers, train, FM.

But I have to admit I've never heard of Cedric.

Jemmicat:
While I hate to see the "changing of the guard" and I really hate to see someone forced out of their position, I really feel it was time to go a new direction. I like all kinds of music and will often go from a metal show to a bluegrass show in the same night, I just could not get into his music. I tried for years... but I had trouble with the cajun and honestly most of the songs were very similar. It actually used to be a running joke between me and my daughter about that show...

I think that music ties to a different time... I am 46 but all of my friends are 26-30 and they detest cajun music. And I think that sometimes you just have to move on.

Quite honestly, I miss John Corbin immensely. I think he was forced out too with a change in direction. Things change. I get it. And I know many people really enjoyed Cedric... I was just not one of them

Swoosh:

--- Quote from: Jemmicat on June 13, 2018, 03:19:26 PM ---While I hate to see the "changing of the guard" and I really hate to see someone forced out of their position, I really feel it was time to go a new direction. I like all kinds of music and will often go from a metal show to a bluegrass show in the same night, I just could not get into his music. I tried for years... but I had trouble with the cajun and honestly most of the songs were very similar. It actually used to be a running joke between me and my daughter about that show...

I think that music ties to a different time... I am 46 but all of my friends are 26-30 and they detest cajun music. And I think that sometimes you just have to move on.

--- End quote ---

They have their own following like the Pickers do.  For me (personally) the only time I enjoy Cajun music is during Mardi Gras season.  They ought to see if Six Flags would like to hire them for their festival that runs in July

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version