Author Topic: Microbreweries  (Read 4768 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Microbreweries
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
I enjoy visiting microbreweries and was thinking about making a trip as a single next week to Branson.  I have been here a lot but just realized that there are no microbreweries in town !  Someone tell me this is not so. I know Springfield has Mothers but come on folks how has this trend passed Branson by ?

In the past I have had trouble finding any place that even carries a good craft beer selection. Reeds Spring Pizza Company has been my best shot so far. So, recommendations on places that carry a good craft beer selection ?

HikerDan

Re: Microbreweries
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
We're locals and we always hit Reeds Spring Pizza as well for the selection of brews and of course the pizza.

We've tried a few places in Branson, and like you said, not many options for craft beer. We used to go to Old Chicago on the Landing occasionally but that closed down. Last year we briefly visited the steakhouse that replaced Old Chicago and they had a nice selection of brews. However, they poured my beer in one of those really super thick and heavy mugs that holds several ounces less than the normal mug or glass. I don't have a huge problem with that if the price is lower than other places but the brews were expensive as well. If we go to the Landing we go to the Irish Pub nowadays.

Charlies Steakhouse on the strip usually has around six taps with some craft selections.

In Springfield I much prefer Springfield Brewing Company over Mothers and it's not even close.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »
Thanks Hikerdan, I will be sure to check out Springfield brewing company. I am in the KC area right now and my favorite here is Torn Label. So many choices in KC though. Good thing there is Uber. LOL

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
Springfield has White River Brewing, Tie and Timber, 4x4 brewing, Mother's. Springfield Brewing company, and I think one more. There is also a distillery at Copper Run (about 10 miles out of Branson) and another distillery in downtown Springfield called Missouri Spirits.

I've not been to Tie And Timber or 4x4 but my friends like both. White River has some great ones and Mother's tap room is always good. Both of the distillery's are outstanding.

Also a TON of original music in Springfield. Hit up Commercial St. and got to White River Brewing and Moon City Pub and Lindberg's and eat at Pizza House or Cafe Cusco.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
Yeah, Branson is severely lacking in micros. But with as hard as it is to get a liquor license down here, I'm not surprised. Waxy's and even BWW on the Landing have a fairly decent selection. With the way the Landing is changing, I'd love to see a microbrewer show up down there to complement Smith Creek.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:26:09 AM »
I am also surprised there arent more in town,   especially the landing..?   

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
Thanks Hikerdan, I will be sure to check out Springfield brewing company. I am in the KC area right now and my favorite here is Torn Label. So many choices in KC though. Good thing there is Uber. LOL

If you are in KC, surely you've hopped west to Freestate in Lawrence?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 02:58:46 PM »
Yes, Love Freestate.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:22 AM »
Yes, Love Freestate.

Love Freestate....

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
Would love for Boulevard to open a tap room down at the Landing, with all their selections plus partner brewers with handles, could be nice. Have an on site made variety.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 09:27:17 PM »
It's a bit off the beaten path....and over an hour from Branson....but I've heard this place is unque...

http://www.whistlingsprings.beer/
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »
Not bad