Author Topic: The Green Trams (and other parking/entrance memories)  (Read 10610 times)

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: The Green Trams (and other parking/entrance memories)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 04:45:40 PM »
The closest color I came up with for the old trams according to this site, http://www.color-hex.com/, is puerto rico.  But I think most people would call it aqua.  Seafoam green is a closely tinted color and has somewhat come back in fashion at hospitals and medical centers.  Just makes me think of some Polynesian or Caribbean island paradise:  white sands, palm trees, maybe a cocktail with an umbrella, and a grass hut nearby.  So yeah, definitely not SDC.  But back when I was actually riding them, I wasn't thinking anything of the sort; just, "this is SO COOL!!!

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
I think chosen green trams because bight and noticeable and screaming welcome silver dollar city all over it

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
^Huh?

Deputy Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »
Drove those old trams up and down, up and down at 7 mph in the '80 and '81 seasons.  Sometimes driving north there would be a breeze of about 7 mph coming from the south off Table Rock Lake.  That meant you couldn't feel any breeze while driving the tug and on a summer day the tug's engine would make it HOT!  Now, nearly 40 years later after all that tram driving and conducting,  when I have people in my car I still sometimes want to say: "Watch your head on the low ceiling."