Author Topic: Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine  (Read 20166 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »
The music hasn't been working for a while now... maybe since last year? The Red Flanders bit was working a couple months ago though.

FM has all kinds of funny business that goes on with the manaquins. The moving parts seem to like breaking off. If you ride it a bunch throughout the year and keep track, there's so much stuff that moves around and gets fixed/broken. Just part of the nature of that old style of ride with the budget it's been given.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:18 PM »
The music hasn't been working for a while now... maybe since last year? The Red Flanders bit was working a couple months ago though.

FM has all kinds of funny business that goes on with the manaquins. The moving parts seem to like breaking off. If you ride it a bunch throughout the year and keep track, there's so much stuff that moves around and gets fixed/broken. Just part of the nature of that old style of ride with the budget it's been given.

I was thinking the music was working during our visit in December last year. Maybe not ? And , yes The Flooded Mine is a moving target so to speak. I just wish there was enough maintenance budget to get it right. Especially during its 50th year.