Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine

(1/10) > >>

Okiebenz:
Fire in the hole needs some work.  I noticed at the start of the year that some of the lights inside were replaced with blue lights, I assume LED lights.  For example the baldknobber setting the bridge on fire was always holding a red light, which makes sense, as its supposed to be fire.  He now has a blue light, which looks stupid.  Today riding it NONE of the music or sound effects appeared to be working.  The only one was the part about putting on the pants.  The bridge collapse noise was gone, the laughing sound was gone, no train whistle.   

This year for sure, and I think part of last year I have noticed the saw blade no longer moves in FM.  On the part where the guy sets off the TNT which blows water up and the flood of water comes down no longer works like it used to.  The flood of water comes in, but we dont see the big explosion of water first anymore.  Outside as you come back in, they don't have the cannon exploding in the water anymore.

sanddunerider:
I think we are all in agreement the PTB really need to put some love into the older rides.. Get them all fixed up and special effects working.

palallin:
I was happy to see that, at FM, many of the lanterns are some kind of simulated flame.  They look VERY good, and I applaud that effort!

chittlins:
This is where I repeat that FITH needs a redo with modern tech that includes a Drop Track at the Burning Bridge and then launch into the dark finish.  Anyone that's been on Verbolten knows how awesome this would be.

Buy we all know how awesome a modern tech Diving Bell would be too.

Okiebenz:
What I would say is get FITH working like it should be, but build another indoor dark ride similar but with modern tech and more thrills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version