Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107731 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2018, 08:03:19 AM »
Just a heads up today wound up being surprisingly busy. Staff saying they never seen a Sunday this busy.  All lots are near full.

Friends posted a photo of the line they waited in for an hour and a half to get a parking spot. The park wasn’t even open yet.

UH?  Yeah?   Sunday??  over 20,000 people.!! :o :o   

Would that be a record Sunday?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #286 on: December 17, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »
It could very well be. The entrance was rerouted to the Cave Tour path up to the Candy Factory and TNT. Or are they doing that all the time for the Christmas event now? This was my first OTC I attended so far this year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »
Countdown to christmas day!!----

Tuesday- 7,000 people..  that would have been a good day to be a visitor..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
Our schedule is working out where Friday is likely our only day to go in the next week and a half.  I'm hoping it's not to crowded, but not real optimistic with it starting off the holiday week.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
Our schedule is working out where Friday is likely our only day to go in the next week and a half.  I'm hoping it's not to crowded, but not real optimistic with it starting off the holiday week.

Schools out, nice weather,  BUT it is Christmas weekend.... Mmmmm?   Good luck!!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #290 on: December 19, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »

I’ll be there Friday-Sunday and am telling myself it’s going to be packed, especially Saturday. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m expecting ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 19, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »
What's it like after Christmas? Trying to decide if I want to treat a couple of out of towners.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 19, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »
We will be in Branson 20-23 (Thurs-Sun). We only plan to go to SDC on Friday the 21st.

We visited the park back in November for 3-solid days...so we got our fix, but taking our 9-year wedding anniversary trip before Christmas because we love it so much. Should be great weather the entire time we're there!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »
We will be in Branson 20-23 (Thurs-Sun). We only plan to go to SDC on Friday the 21st.

We visited the park back in November for 3-solid days...so we got our fix, but taking our 9-year wedding anniversary trip before Christmas because we love it so much. Should be great weather the entire time we're there!

Have a great visit, I am sure friday wont be too bad..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
Wed-  7,000 people in attendance.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2018, 12:25:37 PM »
What's it like after Christmas? Trying to decide if I want to treat a couple of out of towners.

Expect it to be very very busy
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #296 on: December 20, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »

Yeah I was gonna try to make it up there next Weds-Thurs as thats the only other time off I got that matches with the park being open. Its really that bad even thru the week?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #297 on: December 20, 2018, 02:46:23 PM »

Yeah I was gonna try to make it up there next Weds-Thurs as thats the only other time off I got that matches with the park being open. Its really that bad even thru the week?

It’s all weather dependent.  It’s not Saturday crazy but it can be busy
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 20, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »

weather for sure is the big decision make, but it is expected to be nice all next week throguth New Years..

For sure be some traffic wed-thurs-friday,  but acceptable
but as in a typcal week, sat and sunday could be nuts!!   
and expect NYE day to be busy also.
New years Day?  thats still a toss up....

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
We're going on the 30th and plan to stay fairly late, so we got a room at the Classic for that night.  Nothing like going at the last minute, but best we could so with our work schedules.