Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107719 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2018, 05:50:56 PM »
saturday the first....   mid 50's temp today,  decent weather.

another 20,000 people in attendance today.. ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2018, 06:30:31 AM »
Sunday-  12,500...  not bad for a sunday..   :)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »
I was there yesterday. It didn't seem too crowded except for Midtown. We didn't get to see any shows though because the lines were too long. I guess that's where everybody was. Once the first parade was over, the park was pretty much empty.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2018, 07:43:14 PM »
Looks like the area is in for a major snowstorm this weekend. If you plan on being in Branson, make sure you keep an eye on the weather. I know many people have already cancelled their plans. If it comes like they say it will,  the 8-12 inches of snow will cripple i44 and the Branson area from Friday evening and all day Saturday.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »
Looks like the area is in for a major snowstorm this weekend. If you plan on being in Branson, make sure you keep an eye on the weather. I know many people have already cancelled their plans. If it comes like they say it will,  the 8-12 inches of snow will cripple i44 and the Branson area from Friday evening and all day Saturday.

I do not miss living where snow cripples everything.

Raised in Arkansas, three years in Germany, 24 years in Texas, now I'm in New Hampshire. I'm happy that the low tonight is 8F, because it's much safer than hovering around the freezing mark.

I have to make a 200 mile round trip Wednesday morning to get sworn in as a state representative. I don't mind the weather, just the time spent doing it.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
Stormdar says too early to get excited about it.  Storm just now starting to come ashore.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
Already canceled my condo while I can still get a refund.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »
Stormdar says too early to get excited about it.  Storm just now starting to come ashore.

Oh I agree. But people need to be aware of the possibility. Let’s face it.  3/4 of the people
In this country can’t find themselves in a map so there is no way they can read a radar. There are a lot of people that will need to make a decision on whether or not to cancel their trip before they know exactly what this storm is going to produce, if anything.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »

Storm?  what storm?   LOL.    looks clear to me so far.... :o

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 05, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Stormdar now posting increased confidence that Branson could get a possible 4-5".

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2018, 01:24:07 PM »
What is storm DAR?  Never heard of it. NWS though is predicting 6 inches of snow and ice mix.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
Stormdar Weather is a facebook page that serves the weather in the Ozark area.  It's run by a couple of guys who are better at predicting the weather than the local news services.  They predictions are based on looking at several different informational and radar systems.  They are highly thought of around here and usually correct.  Look it up on Facebook - Stormdar Weather or more precisely for Branson - Stormdar Weather Southwestern.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
I wonder what the crowd will be like Friday and Saturday/Sunday?  If they do get 4-6" will they just shut the park down or keep it open?  Might be interesting to visit with 4-6" of snow.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
I can’t imagine how hard it must be to deal with Branson roads when it snows.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »
I wonder what the crowd will be like Friday and Saturday/Sunday?  If they do get 4-6" will they just shut the park down or keep it open?  Might be interesting to visit with 4-6" of snow.

Depends on when it starts snowing, how much and how certain they are that more is on the way.  I've worked when they closed entirely because it was snowing, and also worked when it was snowing in the park at an inch an hour and we kept right on running. Made for an "interesting" drive home for those of us that live a little distance away.

They'll make what they think is the best decision based on what's known.  and around here that can change within a few hours.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.