Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107692 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2018, 05:10:25 PM »
today, sat the 9th as of 3:00,   about 13,000 through the gate... 

Hot and Humid!!!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »
We went late Friday afternoon and had no trouble finding a spot in the lot for tram stop 2. Echo Hollow was maybe 1/2 -- 2/3 full for Atlanta Rhythm Section -- much of the crowd left early (will be surprised if ARS is ever asked back).

Was there before opening this morning and it was crowded early. Traffic really backed up.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »
Was there before opening this morning and it was crowded early. Traffic really backed up.

People probably trying to hit it hard and fast before it warmed up.

90 degrees + 48% humidity + asphalt + trees + people = HOT!!!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2018, 11:30:06 PM »
We went late Friday afternoon and had no trouble finding a spot in the lot for tram stop 2. Echo Hollow was maybe 1/2 -- 2/3 full for Atlanta Rhythm Section -- much of the crowd left early (will be surprised if ARS is ever asked back).

ARS was not a good fit IMO.  Not much interaction with the crowd and just didn't seem to be into it.  Crowd was not responsive, as well.  More people around us were on phones or just sitting.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

ARS was not a good fit IMO.  Not much interaction with the crowd and just didn't seem to be into it.  Crowd was not responsive, as well.  More people around us were on phones or just sitting.

I was trying to remember if I ever heard the lead singer or any other band member of any other group at SDC use minor foul language off and on during a show. I noticed he stopped himself at one point when he said something about children in the audience. Probably some of the people who might have attended to see ARS were at the Marshall Tucker Concert at the Mansion.

I have attended many special concerts over the years at SDC. ARS was the least enjoyable of the ones I have attended.

Honestly the only reason we went Saturday morning was to get credit for attending Star Spangled Summer festival. Although we will be back in Branson more than once this summer, I'm not sure we will go back to SDC  until after the SPS festival is over.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
sunday....
91 degrees
48% humidity
UV Index- "Very high" !!

Oh yea!? as of 1:00 today, 7500 people

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2018, 06:09:53 PM »

I was trying to remember if I ever heard the lead singer or any other band member of any other group at SDC use minor foul language off and on during a show. I noticed he stopped himself at one point when he said something about children in the audience. Probably some of the people who might have attended to see ARS were at the Marshall Tucker Concert at the Mansion.

I have attended many special concerts over the years at SDC. ARS was the least enjoyable of the ones I have attended.

Honestly the only reason we went Saturday morning was to get credit for attending Star Spangled Summer festival. Although we will be back in Branson more than once this summer, I'm not sure we will go back to SDC  until after the SPS festival is over.

Nope, Hubs and I talked about it, also.  Neither one of us remember any foul language from a band, either, or a band member whining about the cost of producing cd's with a production company, how they don't make much money on it, and the best way is to produce your own cd's.  Our least favorite of the concerts over the last couple years, and I've seen most of them. The whole thing was just off..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
Yes, it was not too bad today.  We rode most coasters once, and rode the train and FM.  Attempted to ride TT when we got there, but after spending about 30 minutes in line it broke down with a train stuck out on the first launch.  We left by about 1pm.  I was wore out from the day before at WW.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
Labor Day numbers were a little weak I thought... 
especially on Sunday, Considering at 10 in the morning, traffic was backed up to the stoplight by RFD!!!!! :o :o

Sat - only 13,000

Sunday - 16,000

Monday as of 3:00 - 9500

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »
Today was a great day to be at the city!  Our longest waits were powder keg and time traveler at 25 minutes each.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2018, 09:10:29 PM »
Today was a great day to be at the city!  Our longest waits were powder keg and time traveler at 25 minutes each.

Labor Day Monday,      Final count 10,900

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »
We didn't hear numbers, but we were told that the Saturday and Sunday crowds were huge.  Interesting to see the actual figures.

The City was a pleasure Monday.  The breeze helped to ameliorate the heat. 

Pleasant surprise to see the 504 dressed up in a near-authentic Frisco passenger livery!  One of the robbers' last day doing the skit--he's moving up to engine service.  Lucky robber!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »
Yea we were there Monday till about 1:30pm I think so not very long.  We did ride the train and heard about the robber getting moved to engineer.  Crowds were not too bad.  We did not even try the TT because the app said 45 minute wait.  Normally they under report the time.  Maybe they over reported it Monday?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »
We did not even try the TT because the app said 45 minute wait.  Normally they under report the time.  Maybe they over reported it Monday?

Based on most of my experiences, the app wait times are usually longer than the actual wait times.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 16, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »
I checked on the numbers, just because it was the first sat of fall festival, weather was a little warm, but a nice day..

13,000 people showed up, would have been a perfect day.   

I will be there next weekend, hoping to see Cheesehead and hubby that weekend.