Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107712 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »
We will be there Sunday afternoon and into the evening since they will be open til 10. We will go back on Monday before heading home.

That sounds like a great plan.  enjoy your trip.

with extended hours sat-sun, and the concerts, and nice weather and memorial weekend has all the making for a busy 3 or 4 days..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2018, 05:44:39 PM »
Just in case your keeping track.,..  this week so far..
tues     -  6500
wed     -  7000
thurs   -10,000
Fri       -10,500

Estimated, but close numbers,,,  they had trouble again on thurs with the computer/counter..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2018, 08:13:26 PM »
Over 10k today?  Really?  Wonder where all the people were.

My daughter and I were there for under 2 hours today (closer to 90 minutes), and the park didn't look like it had any more than 6k in it.  If that.  Time Traveler was a 15 minute wait at 2:30.  Wildfire and Outlaw Run were walk ons.  Trains weren't even always full.  When a steam train passed us the end seats were empty and it was only leaving every 30 minutes, which are signs of a slower day.  Otherwise it would be full and they would have trains every 20.

There weren't even lines for anything in Grand Expo, and the rides there were all only about half full when we were riding.  The number of rides we got in those 90 minutes, including a full lap around the park, in the middle of the afternoon, would be more like what I would expect in the first hour or two the park was open, and even then I think we beat that.

Just wish my daughter liked Blue Grass music more.  lol
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HikerDan

« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
We were there from 8:30 to 2:30 Friday, May 25 and I'd say 10,000+ was an accurate attendance estimate.

We finally got to see the new Saloon show that day. The older gentleman playing Koontz (Bill Townsend) was the Theatre/Stagecraft director for our hometown Nixa, MO high school for many years. Nixa is just 45 minutes north of SDC.  He's been involved in SDC during the summer for many years and after recently retiring from the high school is now performing in the saloon shows. He played Mean Murphy at a few of the shows we attended last year as well. He was named to the Missouri Thespian Hall of Fame in 2017. Looks like he's having a great time during his "retirement"!

http://ccheadliner.com/news/nixa-teacher-named-to-missouri-thespian-hall/article_41f6f3e4-e7dd-11e6-a5d8-a3c8753fc491.html

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
We were there from 8:30 to 2:30 Friday, May 25 and I'd say 10,000+ was an accurate attendance estimate.

We finally got to see the new Saloon show that day. The older gentleman playing Koontz (Bill Townsend) was the Theatre/Stagecraft director for our hometown Nixa, MO high school for many years. Nixa is just 45 minutes north of SDC.  He's been involved in SDC during the summer for many years and after recently retiring from the high school is now performing in the saloon shows. He played Mean Murphy at a few of the shows we attended last year as well. He was named to the Missouri Thespian Hall of Fame in 2017. Looks like he's having a great time during his "retirement"!

http://ccheadliner.com/news/nixa-teacher-named-to-missouri-thespian-hall/article_41f6f3e4-e7dd-11e6-a5d8-a3c8753fc491.html
Thanks for that info..
Bill Townsend is the funniest and best actor ive ever seen in the saloon show. Love that guy and hope hes there when I visit next month. Hes perfect for SDC.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Just got back home, unloaded and washer running,,,,   

Saturday was 14,500..

was there sunday for a couple of hours, left about 11, traffic backed up to 465. 2 lanes wide...  yea, i guess that construction really didnt help.. ,LOL

at 2:00 reported amount was ony 12,500?  I dont know... looked like ALOT more people than that going in!!   LOL

end of day- 17,200 total.  respectable Sunday,  and they had the Ricky Skaggs concert sunday..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
I was there yesterday, also.  It was more crowded than I've seen this year, but I rarely go on a weekend.  Crowd was manageable and we didn't have any trouble getting into any show.  Michael Cleveland's first show was cancelled - it was announced he was stuck in traffic.  We got there very early anticipating traffic, and it was a wise decision.  The Ricky Skaggs concert surprised me quite a bit.  They set up early for a crowd. I'm sure this was based on last year when the line last year was out past the gate.  This year they let people in early.  I had a dinner on the Culinary School which meant a very good view of Echo Hollow.  It wasn't full! Plenty of people there, but not in every square inch like last year. As the evening rolled on, more and more people left early to the point that whole rows were empty.  Not sure why that happened, but I hear there were many complaints about not being able to hear because of Time Traveler.  At one point Ricky made a joke while trying to talk and asked, "Hey, does anyone know there's something going on here?"  ;D From the porch, it was very difficult to hear what he was saying and many other diners also commented, so not sure I'll do that again.  Still, a very good concert. Well, I guess I should've just posted this in trip reports.

Paul71

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:24 PM »
Wed- Thurs will be much lighter crowds next week.. some schools still in session, But with memorial weekend coming up friday will be busier..
Enjoy the visit.

Thanks very much for the feedback.  We are going to give Wednesday and Thursday a try.

Have a great visit..!...

todays number so far is 6500 at 1:00..

Thanks again for the feedback on which days to go.

We ended up going to SDC Wednesday, Thursday, and about half of Friday (May 23-25).  We rode Time Traveler as our first ride of each day, getting in line between 9:25 and 9:35 AM each day.  Wait time was about 15-20 minutes on Wednesday (also the day we got in line earliest), and 35-40 minutes the other two days.  (Time Traveler was AWESOME by the way).  For most rides, we were practically able to walk on, with almost no line.  Two exceptions were American Plunge (up to 10 minute wait) and Lost River of the Ozarks (we waited 25-30 minutes once, with a shorter wait later).  Friday appeared to be more crowded than Wednesday and Thursday, as expected, but we still experienced mostly very short lines on Friday -- for example, my son rode Outlaw Run three times in a row, with almost zero wait each time.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »
Sat the 2nd--  20,000
Sun the 3rd--  14,000

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2018, 05:17:02 PM »
Sat the 2nd--  20,000
Sun the 3rd--  14,000

There was a large group there Saturday that had blue wristbands.  Started with an F.  I’m sure that helped make it busier.  I was surprised how busy the midways were even when I arrived at 3pm, but still got on all the coasters just fine.   3DN looked to have a capacity crowd. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »
Sat the 2nd--  20,000
Sun the 3rd--  14,000

There was a large group there Saturday that had blue wristbands.  Started with an F.  I’m sure that helped make it busier.  I was surprised how busy the midways were even when I arrived at 3pm, but still got on all the coasters just fine.   3DN looked to have a capacity crowd.

That would explain that, I wondered why such a big count, weekend after memorial day..??

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Freeman Health!  That’s what the group was called.   

All I know was that the paid parking was full and they were using all of the lots.  I found a spot where I normally park out by the old Lot C turnaround
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 08:32:31 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:38 AM »
Freeman Medical was there Sat. acc. to an Echo Hollow docent.  It was crowded at the Three Dog Night concert - more crowded than I've ever seen it. And, that brought with it a number of rude, hostile people.  I think even standing room only was full. Some of the workers had a rough night and were apologizing for bad behavior witnessed.  In spite of the few "entitled ones", it was a great concert and a lot of fun!

kscatman76

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »
where can you find these numbers or are they not public?  We are coming down the 8th thru the 17th of june.  I'm guessing Tuesday or wed would be our best bets or days it may rain and quit? 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
where can you find these numbers or are they not public?  We are coming down the 8th thru the 17th of june.  I'm guessing Tuesday or wed would be our best bets or days it may rain and quit?

Mon-tue-wed, are usually the "slower" week days..  Bad weather of course will cause smaller crowds..

Enjoy your trip.!!..