Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107683 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
1st Tuesday of the season...  about 5500 people..  I am sure the overnight rain, kept some people away today.  The park should have been nice and fresh though ;D

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
What is your prediction for tomorrow?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
What is your prediction for tomorrow?

6500 expected today (wed)

as of noon about 3500

Paul71

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2018, 01:56:09 PM »
We are planning to go to SDC either Wednesday+Thursday or Thursday+Friday of next week.  Thursday+Friday works better for our schedule, but I'm thinking that we might encounter lighter crowds on Wednesday as compared to Friday, especially since Friday is leading into Memorial Day weekend. 

Does anyone have an educated guess as to how the crowds will be next week, especially whether Friday will be significantly more crowded than earlier in the week?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:40:27 PM by Paul71 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
We are planning to go to SDC either Wednesday+Thursday or Thursday+Friday of next week.  Thursday+Friday works better for our schedule, but I'm thinking that we might encounter lighter crowds on Wednesday as compared to Friday, especially since Friday is leading into Memorial Day weekend. 

Does anyone have an educated guess as to how the crowds will be next week, especially whether Friday will be significantly more crowded than earlier in the week?

Wed- Thurs will be much lighter crowds next week.. some schools still in session, But with memorial weekend coming up friday will be busier..
Enjoy the visit.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »
We went this morning and it was pretty busy trying to get in, lots and lots of school groups.  There were a lot of kids but we still managed to get most rides in pretty much walk on.  FITH had a little bit of a wait because they were only running 2 trains.  WF was starting to back up because they were only running 1 train.  The barn swing was  backed up too because they only had 1 side going.  We rode TT on the way out and it was about a 15-20 minute wait.  We left about 2pm or a little after.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »
We went this morning and it was pretty busy trying to get in, lots and lots of school groups.  There were a lot of kids but we still managed to get most rides in pretty much walk on.  FITH had a little bit of a wait because they were only running 2 trains.  WF was starting to back up because they were only running 1 train.  The barn swing was  backed up too because they only had 1 side going.  We rode TT on the way out and it was about a 15-20 minute wait.  We left about 2pm or a little after.

Had almost 5,000 people today...   Lots of kids this time of year, class trips and so on...

Paul71

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:36 PM »
Wed- Thurs will be much lighter crowds next week.. some schools still in session, But with memorial weekend coming up friday will be busier..
Enjoy the visit.

Thanks very much for the feedback.  We are going to give Wednesday and Thursday a try. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:13 PM »
Enjoy the visit.

Thanks very much for the feedback.  We are going to give Wednesday and Thursday a try.

Have a great visit..!...

todays number so far is 6500 at 1:00..

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2018, 12:48:15 AM »

This weekend's numbers were insane. ...

I don't know how to fix it... probably need a LOT more signage at the very least... They need to build more parking lots somewhere as well, obviously. Perhaps use Celebration city as a dedicated satellite parking lot, and advertise it as such. I know they were parking buses out there this weekend. Only problem is that they need a direct access route for the shuttles.

The answer is easy, as you point out: a dedicated entrance for shuttles, more satellite parking, and more buses.

The problem is getting people to know about it, understand it, and actually do it. We're Americans: we drive where we're going. We don't take the bus. We want our car right there and available to us so that we can choose our own schedule, even if it adds three hours to the trip.

People aren't logical. I retired four years ago, so now I work for a regional banner of a very large grocery chain (one of the top three in the country). People got mad when we took out the self-check lanes, even though they're ridiculously slow; the customers are "doing something", so it feels faster. We know objectively that having someone bagging makes the total checkout time much faster, but everyone hates being the second cart in line; they'd rather we open another lane so that they can actively put their groceries on the belt, and bag their own, because it feels faster, because they're doing something.

Same for driving: you can't convince people that being on that slow bus, making multiple stops, is faster.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »
Your not going to get Midwesterners to park miles form a park (parking in Branson) to get on a bus that takes them over the same roads that they could have took themselves to get to the same place they could have parked.  Unless it is the only free parking option....add a parking fee to all SDC lots....suddenly that plan could work.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »
This weekends numbers weren't too bad...   Friday-8900,  Sat-15,000, Sunday by noon 6500...

Heard an interesting thing this weekend, was talking to an individual that is affiliated with the park and directly affected by the attendence numbers..   The record breaking sat, as you remember my count was around 26,500,  swoosh came in and stated the actual number was a little of 28,000.  I was told that they were having computer problems as the turnstyles throughout the day, and the not everyone was actually counted. So in theory the "real" actual number was a shade over 30,000!!!     Regardless of the number.... thats a bunch of people trying to park, and get into the park!!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »
For 8-12 hours at a time....SDC is largest populated city in the region on busy days.....and probably the most densely populated in all of southern Mizzou.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2018, 09:17:05 AM »
Summer has officailly started I would say..   1st Monday of the year---7500 people..

I will be there this sunday for a while. looking forward to another visit.. :D

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
We will be there Sunday afternoon and into the evening since they will be open til 10. We will go back on Monday before heading home.