Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107789 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
I have to go to Branson next Wednesday for "work" to meet up with one of my employees.  I am thinking I may go Wednesday for a while before I have to meet up with him.

Probably a good idea.  wed will be reasonable for the time being... Probably wont get busy during the week until after memorial day..

Today.  as of 4:00-  about 5500 people.. ;D

No way do I believe that! Shows were full, walkways were full, and we waited in a couple of lines to eat.  There were at least 6 different field trips going on based on the kids with matching shirts.  I waited in line at the bathroom.  I left sometime between 3:30 and 4.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2018, 06:58:27 AM »
No way do I believe that! Shows were full, walkways were full, and we waited in a couple of lines to eat.  There were at least 6 different field trips going on based on the kids with matching shirts.  I waited in line at the bathroom.  I left sometime between 3:30 and 4.

Surprised to hear there was that much traffic..   When i checked last night the "official"  number was actually 5200.  could have been a couple of hundred more people slip in..... but that number should be close..

Hope you had a good visit..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2018, 07:54:53 PM »
Sand, it was a great, but short, visit.  Watched opening ceremonies (they're back to honoring veterans), listened to the Homestead Pickers at the Gazebo, saw Rhonda Vincent at the Opera House, and left.  We planned to stay longer, but something came up (no emergency).  Here's a photo of today.  My guess is attendance was a bit higher than yesterday.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Sand, it was a great, but short, visit.  Watched opening ceremonies (they're back to honoring veterans), listened to the Homestead Pickers at the Gazebo, saw Rhonda Vincent at the Opera House, and left.  We planned to stay longer, but something came up (no emergency).  Here's a photo of today.  My guess is attendance was a bit higher than yesterday.

Yes it was, a few more people today..  total about 7500 people..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »

That's interesting.  I was there with my kids from about 2 to 5pm (we had a break for a few hours so stopped by, I left at 4 while they stayed later) and the crowds were very light.  Caught a show briefly at the gazebo.  Saw the 3:30 saloon show which didn't even have enough people to fill the floor seats.  Walked onto Wildfire, Powder Keg and Outlaw Run.  And did all of that in less than 2 hours.  Seemed more like a crowd of 4500 than 7500.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2018, 10:44:18 PM »

That's interesting.  I was there with my kids from about 2 to 5pm (we had a break for a few hours so stopped by, I left at 4 while they stayed later) and the crowds were very light.  Caught a show briefly at the gazebo.  Saw the 3:30 saloon show which didn't even have enough people to fill the floor seats.  Walked onto Wildfire, Powder Keg and Outlaw Run.  And did all of that in less than 2 hours.  Seemed more like a crowd of 4500 than 7500.

Probably because most of the school kids were in the process of leaving wheb you arrived and everybody was at the 4pm Rhonda Vincent show instead of Saloon.  FWIW, the 2:30 Saloon Show was SRO. 
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2018, 10:57:16 PM »
I saw the 11:30 Vincent show, and it was packed out! Seriously, not another person could fit in there, and people kept coming in after the show started. Opera House employees had their hands full today. I left right at 12:30, so not sure about afternoon crowd.  It did seem like there were far fewer kids there this morning than yesterday.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »

Probably because most of the school kids were in the process of leaving wheb you arrived and everybody was at the 4pm Rhonda Vincent show instead of Saloon.  FWIW, the 2:30 Saloon Show was SRO.

Were you there?  Must have missed you.

When we were riding Powder Keg (complete walk on) and then headed to the Saloon there was practically no one outside of the opera house.  Kids used the OH bathrooms at about 4:05 (right after we got out of the saloon)and there weren't that many strollers outside.  I highly doubt that there was a large crowd in the 4pm show just based on the crowds (or complete lack of them) before and after.

but if you were actually in the show, then you would know different.  Were you at the 2:30 saloon?  At that point we were coming down the hill and it didn't look like a large crowd outside but didn't go because the kids wanted to ride first.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
Yes I was in the 4pm Vincent show and they turned people away.  The line to get into OH at 3pm stretched to the restrooms at the bottom of Hill Street.  The 2:30 Saloon Show also turned people away. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2018, 10:26:32 AM »
I saw the 11:30 Vincent show, and it was packed out! Seriously, not another person could fit in there, and people kept coming in after the show started. Opera House employees had their hands full today. I left right at 12:30, so not sure about afternoon crowd.  It did seem like there were far fewer kids there this morning than yesterday.

Rhonda Vincent puts on a great show... I would to see one of her concerts....  The show she does at SDC is just a teaser..!!   LOL

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »
FWIW, each of her shows at SDC will be different sets.   So theoretically you could attend all 12 shows at SDC and they’d be different
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »
FWIW, each of her shows at SDC will be different sets.   So theoretically you could attend all 12 shows at SDC and they’d be different

I had forgotten that detail.. I think she has done it that way for the few years..  Good for her..!  give the customers something different everytime..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
Saturday.  a must more manageable number...

14,500 people

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »
Today was as crowded as I've seen it this year, but I don't go on weekends (excluding today  ;D), and it was very manageable.  Vincent's shows were great as usual.  I only planned to attend the first one, but Hubs wanted to see it one more time.  The first show was mostly gospel, which might turn a few off, but it was fantastic.  I saw the last one of the day, completely different, and Barbara Fairchild came up on stage from the crowd and sang a couple numbers with her. What's the attendance today, Sand?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »
Today was as crowded as I've seen it this year, but I don't go on weekends (excluding today  ;D), and it was very manageable.  Vincent's shows were great as usual.  I only planned to attend the first one, but Hubs wanted to see it one more time.  The first show was mostly gospel, which might turn a few off, but it was fantastic.  I saw the last one of the day, completely different, and Barbara Fairchild came up on stage from the crowd and sang a couple numbers with her. What's the attendance today, Sand?

about 8500 on sunday,  should have been a good day to visit..