Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107691 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2018, 10:14:27 AM »
I received an email about the weekend. They really didn't discourage coming, they just emphasized the best way to manage the crowds was to come early (have breakfast in the park at 8:30) and stay late.

I actually find crowded days some of the best days to experience SDC as a whole (however when you can't walk that's never good). When it's not crowded, our group just jumps from ride to ride......but on crowded days, we tend to shop more, catch a show, go to the petting zoo, eat more, etc. We also tend to shut down the park because the last hour or so the rides become walk-ons (especially if they decide to extend park hours).

Anyhow, that's my experience.......arrive way early, avoid the traffic on 76, and still have a great day. However, if you arrive late....traffic on 76 (no matter the crowd in SDC) can ruin a good day.

Jay

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
We will be there this weekend.  Really want to do the Bluegrass/BBQ fest and it's our only free weekend to go (lucky us)  :o

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2018, 11:19:48 AM »
Yeah, I saw the post on Facebook about expecting large crowds.  I think that's commendable of them to announce it.  I really wanted to go Thursday, opening day, but life and rain got in the way.  Maybe next week!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 11:20:23 AM »
We will be there this weekend.  Really want to do the Bluegrass/BBQ fest and it's our only free weekend to go (lucky us)  :o

OH MAN!!  GOOD LUCK!!.   if you can take some pictures of the crowd and post them.!!   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
Good Lord. Just saw the FB posts from SDC about today. I've never seen them warn several days in a row like that. Crazy.

They were right though, absolute mad house like I said in the trip reports thread. Making up for April in one day... I look forward to hearing the number.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »
OK... Numbers??!!! :o :o

Friday- 8500.

wait for it......

Sat- 26,800!!!! :o :o :o

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »
Last I heard it was approx. 28187 for yesterday. Numbers still probably trickling in. This is a new record for the park!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Last I heard it was approx. 28187 for yesterday. Numbers still probably trickling in. This is a new record for the park!

That is just MISERY!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »
Sunday was a little more manageble with 10,000 people

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2018, 10:04:33 AM »
Someone said the new attendance cap is 29,000. I don't know how accurate that is though. I guess with the new food court area + Time Traveler, they can theoretically squeeze a few more people in. Still, they HAVE to figure something out with parking.

This weekend's numbers were insane. Inside the park it was crowded and lines were long, but it wasn't anything worse than at other parks. Outside the park though, it sounds like it was hell. Some people reported waiting 2+ hours in line on the highway to get in, only to turn around and leave. The satellite parking system has always been crazy, but with people coming in from all over the country not everyone knows the gist of it and many people freak out when they are guided through the full parking lots and spit back out onto the road.

I don't know how to fix it... probably need a LOT more signage at the very least... They need to build more parking lots somewhere as well, obviously. Perhaps use Celebration city as a dedicated satellite parking lot, and advertise it as such. I know they were parking buses out there this weekend. Only problem is that they need a direct access route for the shuttles.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »
Almost that time of year again..School will be out, temps will be warm and full time work begins.. The Park will be open 7 days a week.

First Tuesday of the year,,  5000 people.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Almost that time of year again..School will be out, temps will be warm and full time work begins.. The Park will be open 7 days a week.

Dang!  I almost went yesterday! Shoulda, coulda...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »

Dang!  I almost went yesterday! Shoulda, coulda...

GO TODAY>...should be a great day...  most of school still in session..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
I have to go to Branson next Wednesday for "work" to meet up with one of my employees.  I am thinking I may go Wednesday for a while before I have to meet up with him.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »
I have to go to Branson next Wednesday for "work" to meet up with one of my employees.  I am thinking I may go Wednesday for a while before I have to meet up with him.

Probably a good idea.  wed will be reasonable for the time being... Probably wont get busy during the week until after memorial day..

Today.  as of 4:00-  about 5500 people.. ;D