Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107674 times)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
Is this correct on Cox Health day? Is it just Saturday? I planned to go Saturday and Sunday for a bit to hear the bands but I've been there accidentally on a Cox Health day before and miserable doesn't even begin to describe it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »
Opening weekend for Bluegrass and BBQ + Cox Saturday + Supposed to be a perfect weather weekend, so the unprepared public will be there.....  All that  =  A very busy Saturday.   

Will be an easy 15-20,000 people in attendence I am sure, Could easily go over that..

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
Is this correct on Cox Health day? Is it just Saturday? I planned to go Saturday and Sunday for a bit to hear the bands but I've been there accidentally on a Cox Health day before and miserable doesn't even begin to describe it.

Not Cox Health day.  I am employed there and nothing has been mentioned.  In fact there was not a Cox Health day at SDC last year, or this year (I believe).  Now Mercy, not sure about when their's is.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 03:40:40 PM »
regardless of what visitors weekend it is.. IF it is nice, they will be BUSY..   
With the nasty weather we have been having a nice saturday, there will be lots of people just waiting to go...... LOL.  And by "waiting",  I mean just that.... ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »
Opening weekend for Bluegrass and BBQ + Cox Saturday + Supposed to be a perfect weather weekend, so the unprepared public will be there.....  All that  =  A very busy Saturday.   

Will be an easy 15-20,000 people in attendence I am sure, Could easily go over that..

It's also when ACE is having their conference at the park. They couldn't have picked a worse Saturday for it.  If I were coming in for it and paying the money they are and found this out, personally I'd be a bit ticked about it.

20k is going to be the low number for Saturday.  Cox Saturdays usually float in the 23-24k range when the weather is decent.  It's going to be an ugly madhouse.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Does anyone know the "record" number for daily attendence?

I thought it was in the area of 24,500..??

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2018, 07:06:39 PM »

Not Cox Health day.  I am employed there and nothing has been mentioned.  In fact there was not a Cox Health day at SDC last year, or this year (I believe).  Now Mercy, not sure about when their's is.

Ah, they told us that a regional medical group would be sharing the early access times with us. I assumed that meant Cox, but maybe it is Mercy. Hopefully it's a smaller group than Cox was.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
Does anyone know the "record" number for daily attendence?

I thought it was in the area of 24,500..??

You're getting warmer, but still too low.  It was Christmas.  It was Coaster Christmas as well.  It was gridlocked.  Thank goodness I had connections to get into shows.  :o
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »
Ah, they told us that a regional medical group would be sharing the early access times with us. I assumed that meant Cox, but maybe it is Mercy. Hopefully it's a smaller group than Cox was.

For impact on SDC, Mercy isn't smaller than Cox.  The last Mercy day I worked park attendance was 23,800.  They're both huge groups.

I want to say the record attendance was almost 26k, but I don't remember for sure.  Regardless, anything over 20k I don't want to be anywhere near the park for, whether as an employee or a guest.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2018, 07:17:50 PM »
Another rainy day....   1700 people....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
Another rainy day....   1700 people....

Tomorrow and Saturday will make up for it.  :o
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
They posted on facebook that they anticipate heavy attendance on Saturday since there are large groups visiting.

Kind of strange to advertise and actually discourage guests from attending, but maybe they have too many complaints when it's crowded.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2018, 08:50:48 PM »
They posted on facebook that they anticipate heavy attendance on Saturday since there are large groups visiting.

Kind of strange to advertise and actually discourage guests from attending, but maybe they have too many complaints when it's crowded.

I'd say yes, as well as possibly worried about hitting capacity numbers.  It's never fun when people have to take over an hour to drive just down Indian Point road to park.  It's going to be an ugly day to visit.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »

I missed that post..  They really must be planning on a "busy" day...   I am glad i wont be anywhere in the area...   Good luck Shave.!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2018, 02:17:31 AM »
Yeah sadly I backed out on doing the ACE Conference in anticipation of the impending madhouse. Not my thing.