Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107687 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance numbers
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
I wonder what the crowd will be like Friday and Saturday/Sunday?  If they do get 4-6" will they just shut the park down or keep it open?  Might be interesting to visit with 4-6" of snow.

Slippery, but oh so beautiful! Years ago, the first time I visited the park during the winter season, there was snow on the ground.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2018, 09:57:05 AM »
I wonder what the crowd will be like Friday and Saturday/Sunday?  If they do get 4-6" will they just shut the park down or keep it open?  Might be interesting to visit with 4-6" of snow.

Slippery, but oh so beautiful! Years ago, the first time I visited the park during the winter season, there was snow on the ground.

slippery? 
yes, 4 inches of snow?
Heart attack Hill?
Midtown?
yes, slippery.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »

slippery? 
yes, 4 inches of snow?
Heart attack Hill?
Midtown?
yes, slippery.
I mentioned this in another thread but I believe if the snow is heavy enough they will close the park. And rope off Heart attack hill. We were run out of the park that night on a saturday when it closed early. With liability the way it is now it would not surprise me if it not more stringent now. Ice is a totally different monster. Breaking limbs and falling in the pathways.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2018, 11:06:23 AM »
At this point it looks like it's not going be a worry at all.  They've reduced the numbers to a trace to up to an inch, which is nothing that will slow the park down.

I've worked when there was 3 inches of snow on the ground in the park, so this little bit isnt' going to phase them.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Bigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
We were there for a 5" snow during Spring Break 2013.  The park closed about an hour early that day to give the employees a head start getting home.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »
Friday.. with weather and threat of weather,  then nothing happening ::) ::)

8500 people on friday.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »
They must be expecting a sparse crowd today. Just posted on Facebook $40.00 tickets at the gate today.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
They must be expecting a sparse crowd today. Just posted on Facebook $40.00 tickets at the gate today.

They expanded hours so I doubt it
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »

They expanded hours so I doubt it

Just checked with my kids who are there and they said the hours are as advertised. 11 to 10. I did not see any mention of it on Facebook or Twitter.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
I thought I read where they expanded tomorrow's (Sunday) hours.  They are opening one hour earlier tomorrow, at noon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:53:35 PM by U Smell Smoke »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »

I dont know if they did that or not...

BUT i was in town and the traffic count was waaay down..   Lots of cancellations...   

For example at The Haygoods show,  They had 6 buses cancel,  thats 300 or more people!!   Motels were bare, traffic was very manageable....  The Weather man cost Branson a fortune this weekend!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
Well it’s beautiful outside today but it’s dead at the park.  I literally walked into the 1:45 Dickens Show at 1:35
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Well it’s beautiful outside today but it’s dead at the park.  I literally walked into the 1:45 Dickens Show at 1:35

It is/was a great day outside today... 

I bet there are hundreds of people frustrated because of the missed weather forecast...  LOL...  Both business owners in town AND tourists....!! :o :o

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2018, 06:59:27 PM »
Ugh! I knew it. I almost went today.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile