Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107296 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Attendance numbers
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:17:54 AM »
WOW!!  wet weather, last day of the month and end of Spring Break...!!

Sat the 31st.      Only 5,000 people.!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:18:09 PM by History Buff »

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Attendence number....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »
WOW really?  Saturday was a pretty nice day wasn't it?  Sunday not so much.  Guess I should have went up there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Yes, strange number for saturday..??...

Sunday doesnt count, park was closed for Easter.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
I was there Saturday and can confirm that it wasn't busy at all. Every ride was walk on except for Time Traveler and after the rain storm it shut down for the rest of the day.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
Mental note:  Rainy Saturdays before an Easter Sunday are good days to go.  lol.

In hindsight....it kind of makes since that it would be light on a weekend holiday that most families like to stay close to home.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 01:57:56 PM »
Mental note:  Rainy Saturdays before an Easter Sunday are good days to go.  lol.

In hindsight....it kind of makes since that it would be light on a weekend holiday that most families like to stay close to home.

That is true too... in fact the PTB estimated sat's attendence to only be about 9,000 people anyway...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 05:36:52 PM »

That is true too... in fact the PTB estimated sat's attendence to only be about 9,000 people anyway...

This is so not true of most tourist locations.  Orlando was slammed this past weekend
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:26 PM »

This is so not true of most tourist locations.  Orlando was slammed this past weekend

Last year when I was at Disney over Easter it was actually less busy than I expected it to be.

Considering SDC isn’t actually open on Easter, it doesn’t surprise me that there wouldn’t be that many people there Saturday. I feel like people who go on trips over Easter break want to go somewhere they can do something on Sunday and how many Branson attractions are actually open on Easter?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
What do you all think Friday and Saturday this week will be like?  Weather looks colder and maybe rainy.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
What do you all think Friday and Saturday this week will be like?  Weather looks colder and maybe rainy.

This is Young Heathens Weekend.  It’ll be stupid busy with teenagers without adult supervision.  Massive line cutting and overall rude behavior.  It really is the worst weekend of the entire year.  It ticks me off too as these as supposed to be “Christians” too.  Takes the park a good week to recover from the vandalism. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »

This is Young Heathens Weekend.  It’ll be stupid busy with teenagers without adult supervision.  Massive line cutting and overall rude behavior.  It really is the worst weekend of the entire year.  It ticks me off too as these as supposed to be “Christians” too.  Takes the park a good week to recover from the vandalism.

lol...theirs got to be a least 2 entertaining stories behind these feelings.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 07:45:39 AM »

What a perfect weekend NOT to go to the city!! :o :o :o

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 08:23:35 AM »
Crap, I just noticed that, I was just looking at potential cold rainy weather and figured it would be slow.  I guess I will cancel my room at the Classic and maybe go the following weekend.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 08:41:31 AM »
So my original plan was Thursday Friday and Saturday but they are closed Thursday so we were going Friday and Saturday.  Won't these "Christians" be in school Friday?  Which is supposed to have PM rain. That leaves Saturday which looks like high is 48.  I am reading their website and it talks about youth groups.  I take that to mean bus load after bus load of kids?  Is that correct?  If so, they will be there rain or shine I would think.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 08:51:38 AM »
So my original plan was Thursday Friday and Saturday but they are closed Thursday so we were going Friday and Saturday.  Won't these "Christians" be in school Friday?  Which is supposed to have PM rain. That leaves Saturday which looks like high is 48.  I am reading their website and it talks about youth groups.  I take that to mean bus load after bus load of kids?  Is that correct?  If so, they will be there rain or shine I would think.
\

LOL>.. you should be good on Friday,  Yes, Bus load after Bus load after Bus load of "Young Christians (that act like little spoiled heathens)..  I am sure they will be there.. The City plans several "events" just for the them that weekend..

OK>  Dont get me wrong,  I think what the park is doing is a great idea, the special effort they put out for the Young Christians is awesome..!!  I love their effort...  The majority of the kids are fine, well behaved and more than deserve this weekend....

BUT those few kids., the troublemakers...... really take the fun our of it for everyone else..