Author Topic: Former Schlitterbahn KC exec charged with manslaughter  (Read 10249 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Former Schlitterbahn KC exec charged with manslaughter
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
The ride was great. I think that if they could salvage Dollywoods version the SDC version could have been also.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
SDC had the good sense to remove the Waterboggan before things got worse.

I loved the ride, but it was rough, and lots of people got bounced around in ways they shouldn't have.

I've only rode it on youtube...lol.  It looked fun...but I never wanted to ride it....probably cause waterslides scare me more than any other ride type.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 03:01:31 PM »
There’s no way Schlitterbahn survives this.

I would say the KC park certainly.  It will be interesting to see how it affects the other parks, but I'd be shocked if the KC park survives at all.

I'd also expect indictments on the "designers" and park owner to be coming soon based on what is in that report.  Horrible, purposeful negligence and complete disregard for safety and human life.  Terrible to read.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »
I read in the Post-Dispatch where the co-owner had been arrested. The story said the co-owner was being held in a Texas jail and would not fight extradition back to Kansas. The story did say the judge in the matter was going to consider bail if Kansas authorities didn't come and get him soon.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:15:31 PM by U Smell Smoke »

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 05:29:21 PM »
I just read another story that indicated the ride designer had been indicted.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 02:49:01 PM »
The plot keeps thickening about the guys who made this ride...own the park...

https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/Charges-against-Schlitterbahn-in-decapitation-12796259.php

Very sketchy past is coming out about not only the building of the ride....but there personal past including substance issues, domestic abuse, and safety issues at other parks (including other deaths).

US Marshals are still looking for one...who is out of country.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:05:36 PM by HumphreyHawk »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
Washington Post seems to be focused on it's Kansas's fault that they didn't inspect the ride.

The comments are just plan evil...basically saying....the Republican's family got what was coming because Republican's are against regulations and are in charge of Kansas.

It's crazy how many different layers and levels there are to this tragic and preventable death.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/27/a-boy-was-decapitated-on-a-waterslide-now-the-rides-visionary-creator-faces-a-murder-charge/?utm_term=.c3afcb8ac440
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:03:20 PM by HumphreyHawk »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
Washington Post seems to be focused on it's Kansas's fault that they didn't inspect the ride.

The comments are just plan evil...basically saying....the Republican's family got what was coming because Republican's are against regulations and are in charge of Kansas.

Anymore I don't even bother reading any comments on news articles.  Ever.  It's the lowest dregs of society that seem to surface and spout their bile and ignorance there and I've not desire to have any part of it. Seems to be true of any news website, no matter how legit, major network, local news, or online.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 11:44:09 AM »

Anymore I don't even bother reading any comments on news articles.  Ever.  It's the lowest dregs of society that seem to surface and spout their bile and ignorance there and I've not desire to have any part of it. Seems to be true of any news website, no matter how legit, major network, local news, or online.

Me either!  I've given up reading comments on just about everything that allows comments.