General Category > Other Parks

Former Schlitterbahn KC exec charged with manslaughter

(1/5) > >>

KBCraig:
http://www.wcvb.com/article/former-schlitterbahn-executive-facing-manslaughter-charge-in-water-slide-death/19577801

Tyler Miles was booked in the Wyandotte County Jail Friday and charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the death of 10-year-old Caleb Schwab.

Swoosh:
There’s no way Schlitterbahn survives this. 

HumphreyHawk:
This is what liability insurance is for....to protect the company from bankruptcy on stuff like this.

Swoosh:
Have you read the entire report?  I’ve never read something so damning.  Again there’s no way Schlitterbahn survives this.  Liability isn’t going to cover this one when negligence is so apparent

shavethewhales:
I haven't read the report myself yet, but my understanding from the discussion of it is that they never had a licensed set of engineers sign off on it? I don't know what to think here. On one hand, it seems like a freak accident and all slides can be dangerous. On the other hand, it seems like the process they went through to build this thing cut a lot of corners that they didn't even think of because they didn't seek proper experts to analyze the risk and operating parameters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version