Author Topic: The Haygoods-  (Read 2830 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
The Haygoods-
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
The most "Popular Tourist Attraction" in Missouri..

I mention this , because they are friends of mine, and the best show in Branson. (as far as I am concerned). Along with the fact, their first 10 years in Branson was in SDC..

Congrats!!  What an honor

http://time.com/money/5186719/travel-tourist-attraction-every-state/

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Haygoods-
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
We went to their show this past Thursday which was our 2nd time.  The first time we were all the way in the back row and somehow the wife had gotten in touch with Michael Haygood (?) who set us up with super cheap tickets in the 7th row.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
According to the article the Haygoods venue is at SDC, which is an amusement park inside of the cave.

The most popular show in Branson, Missouri, is run by a six-member team of siblings who perform country, rock, and pop music covers. The venue is in the 1880s-themed amusement park, Silver Dollar City, which sits in one of Missouri’s deepest caves.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
According to the article the Haygoods venue is at SDC, which is an amusement park inside of the cave.

The most popular show in Branson, Missouri, is run by a six-member team of siblings who perform country, rock, and pop music covers. The venue is in the 1880s-themed amusement park, Silver Dollar City, which sits in one of Missouri’s deepest caves.

YEA!!   Thats a great idea isnt it?    LOL

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »
Outside of the obvious errors (They rarely perform at SDC anymore, the park isn't in a cave, and I'm dubious on the claim that they are the most popular show- that would depend on how you measure it)...

It's very cool that they are mentioned.  We've really enjoyed the show, but there are a few shows that I would put right up alongside them as being just as good, and just as popular.

But the writer's credibility is completely destroyed when they argue that the USS Midway Museum is the most popular attraction in California (been there, it's cool, but it's not Disneyland) and that Speedboat Sightseeing of Miami is the most popular attraction in Florida.  Ummm, yeah.  Maybe really cool attractions that are often missed?  But I can't even see those being the most highly rated on Trip Advisor, let alone the "most popular"
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.