Author Topic: New engine(s) status  (Read 3450 times)

frisco mike

• View Profile
New engine(s) status
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:53:52 AM »
Just wondered if anyone had an updated status of the 2 steam engines acquired from up north a year or 2 ago?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: New engine(s) status
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:08 AM »
I'm not familiar enough with them to really recognize one from the other, but I believe the new one is going into service soon. There's another one on display across from the station.

They were using some of the old passenger cars yesterday, which I thought was strange.

getoffmytrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
I'm not familiar enough with them to really recognize one from the other, but I believe the new one is going into service soon. There's another one on display across from the station.

They were using some of the old passenger cars yesterday, which I thought was strange.

The one on display is the davenport that was an original SDC engine.  I love being able to see it and they were using the old train cars on Wed. and Thurs. which I love... Makes me all toasty inside!  :)

frisco mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:49:44 PM »
OK, just found out from " a good source" that an engine numbered 504 (i think) is in the shop and has already had its shakedown runs and is awaiting 1 more inspection. Once that is passed, she has the green light. They expect it to be online sometime in mid April. The second engine, number unknown is still in major rebuild. The frame and running gear is still in PA. for rebuild. The new boiler is on site next to the engine shed (left side as viewed from the train) and the in house shops are building the cab. Completion timeline is unknown.   

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
Icabod last year said the new engines were keeping their original numbers. Also heard one was onsite and had already been test running. Can't wait. It would be amazing if someone could get a photo of the new engine and post it.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
It would be amazing if someone could get a photo of the new engine and post it.

Soon, very soon.  It looks awesome, and if you look careful at the roundhouse when you ride by you might get a glimpse of it (it's the one with the tinder car behind it) But I don't think they are allowing good photos of it yet.

I can't wait to see it up close.

Side note- been very happy to see they are running the old cars.  Not a fan of the new ones.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.