Author Topic: 2018 Trip Reports  (Read 75861 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
2018 Trip Reports
« on: March 15, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »

What lucky SDC Members have been to SDC? and how was your day?  Share your experience and let us live vicariously if not a little jealously through you.  Help us to take a little break from our day, dreaming about the fun you had.
This is the spot to share!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Trip Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »
Anyone there opening day?  How were the lines for the new coaster?  I cant wait for spring so everything starts to green up.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 09:59:36 AM »
We were there yesterday. Got there at opening and waited 2.5 hours to get on TT. It was a great ride but I will not be waiting that long again. At the 2nd level before you go up to the 3rd they tell you which row to get in. The idea is when you go up it’s then your turn to get on. The problem was once you got up there people were just getting in whatever row they wanted so the result was you ended up having to wait to get in your correct row while empty seats went out. This slowed things down quite a bit. The Park was not all that busy but after TT we went to PK. Ended up in that line about 20 minutes when they had an issue and had to change trains. So ended up waiting over an hour in that line. Rode a couple more rides then left about 3. Got back today, got to park about 30 minutes before opening. We ended up a way back from the rope but soon it was piled up alll the way up the hill to the square. We figured we would hit TT again real quick and should be able to get thru it in about 30 minutes or less. So at rope drop of course everyone was headed there. It took 30 minutes to get down the stairs because as soon as you enter the building they are stopping everyone to take their pic in front of the green screen area. Totally rediculous and slows the line way down. We are currently waiting in the line on level 2. It’s been right at 30 minutes and the first train just went. We will be back tomorrow but wil be skipping TT.  They really need to do away with this photo thing, at least for now while the lines are so long.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 10:02:50 AM »
To further add, yesterday they delayed opening TT because temp was under 41but today it’s 50+ and that train they just sent was empty. I will say yesterday when we finally made it up top about every train coming back in before it left I saw guys checking things on and under them and either making adjustments or tightening or doing something. Not sure. Hope this is not another one that breaks down all the time like PK.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
Well an hour after opening looks like they finally got whatever the issue was fixed and are now sending out riders.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
So it was about a 25 minute wait once they actually got the thing going. That was from close to the back of level 2. When we got off the line was all the way out the building up the stairs and up the hill. This also leads t long wait times on TNT. It’s showing a 60 minute wait.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
Not surprising that there are a few hiccups here and there. Seems like it is doing pretty well overall. Showing about a 2 and a half hour wait again now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
I saw guys checking things on and under them and either making adjustments or tightening or doing something. Not sure. Hope this is not another one that breaks down all the time like PK.

Probalby no real problems, there will be lots of tweaks and adjustments to be made under everyday usage.. 
You can "test" and "prerun" all you want..   BUT nothing is the same as people lined up and wanting to ride and ride and ride and.................................

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
Yes that’s true. Once it gets going the line moves pretty good. The park seems super busy right now. The line for the swing is all the way out the building. We were going to ride PK but the line was all the way out the buillding and it appeared to be broke down again.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
The park was a mad house today. Insane crowds. Not as bad as Christmas though. Tons and tons of people with trailblazer passes. I have never seen so many people with passes. Finally decided to wait for PK which showed a 30 minute wait ended up being over an hour because a long line of trailblazers kept filllig up the trains. I guess they paid for it so more power to them. I am seriously considering getting a season pass one, well 3 of them that is. Was a very nice weather day for sure.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »
Woof, everyone is here for the coasters today. I knew TT would have a big line, but Thunderation is over an hour and even wildfire is using most of the full downstairs queue. Haven't waited through this in a few years.

April should be a nice time to visit. I would come back next month, but I'll wait for the ACE spring convention to get the TT exclusive ride time.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
The park was a mad house today. Insane crowds. Not as bad as Christmas though. Tons and tons of people with trailblazer passes. I have never seen so many people with passes. Finally decided to wait for PK which showed a 30 minute wait ended up being over an hour because a long line of trailblazers kept filllig up the trains. I guess they paid for it so more power to them. I am seriously considering getting a season pass one, well 3 of them that is. Was a very nice weather day for sure.

Maybe some of our "citizens" can clarify, I was always under the understanding the trailblazers were very limited, only a certain amount sold daily.  How are they policing this?  If you have a Seasons pass trailblazer do you have unlimited times on the coaster?  How do they know you havent passed off your trailblazer?  This could become a problem.  Maybe like Disney they need to modify the plan to a (come back in 10 min) and you can ride plan.   I think when WDW does this they are able to slip them through because they have a larger RPH count to begin with.  What are your thoughts?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 02:53:11 PM »
@ MHguy.  go here to get part of your answers.....

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Tickets/Ticket-Add-Ons

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 05:15:25 PM »
Sorry can’t cut and paste Sand I am at work but as okibenz said powder keg had a long line of trailblazers.  Up to this point SDC has kept this controlled but it sounds like they are loosening up the # they are willing to sell.  I was skeptical of the pass but then after a few years never really noticed any hindered effort to get on the rides as a standard customer.  Okiebenz seems to have encountered a problem.  I wonder how they have changed the internal policy.   I was there during the Coater Christmas and there were 185 of us, I didn’t see any build up of trailblazers at the rides.  Sounds like there might be more passes in circulation.  This will be curious to watch.
Remember “All Pigs are equal but some pigs are more equal”

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »
MHguy..  here you go....

#1 Season Pass-
Blaze to the front of the line on your favorite rides all year long for one low price! The 2018 Trailblazer Season Pass gives you unlimited front-of-the-line access for the following rides each time you visit:

Outlaw Run®
WildFire®
PowderKeg®
FireFall
The GIANT Barn Swing
Thunderation
Fire-In-The-Hole
Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train
Electro Spin
Magnificent Wave Carousel
American Plunge
Lost River of the Ozarks
Tom & Huck's RiverBlast
Additionally, TrailBlazer Season Pass holders will be able to blaze to the front of the line for the all-new TimeTraveler™ roller coaster once per operating day.

The 2018 Trailblazer Season Pass is just $165 plus tax per person. A limited number are available - Order Yours Today!

#2 Daily PAsses-
Super TrailBlazer
$70 plus tax
Unlimited rides for one single day

TrailBlazer
$40 plus tax
Use up to 8 times for one single day

Eligible rides: Outlaw Run®, WildFire®, PowderKeg®, FireFall, The Giant Barn Swing, Thunderation, Fire-In-The-Hole, Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train, Electro Spin, Magnificent Wave Carousel, American Plunge, Lost River of the Ozarks, Tom & Huck's RiverBlast.

Additionally, TrailBlazer and Super TrailBlazer pass holders will be able to blaze to the front of the line for the all-new TimeTraveler™ roller coaster once per operating day.