Author Topic: $1 mugs  (Read 5974 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
$1 mugs
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
I have a couple of the $1 refill mugs that are Buzz Saw Falls and say $1 refill on it.  I have also seen other grandfathered mugs that are the same size and style but do not say $1 on them such as a Christmas one.  Are these $1  refill also or do they only do that for the ones that specifically say $1?  Anybody know? 

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: $1 mugs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »
They are still honoring the price on my Powderkeg opening year mug so I don't see why not. I also got an OTC mug from the same year that they also honor.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:44:13 AM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:49:41 AM »
The unmarked mugs should be refilled at todays current prices.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
I have a $1.50 Wildfire mug that they honored last week.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
they have always honored my Wildfire and Buzzsaw Falls mugs...

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
We used the heck out of our Refillable bottle we got at Sea World San Antonio three years ago this past trip to Orlando. The still only charged the 99 cent refill price or 7 buck daily flat you can pay. Heck, the mugs are still the same in looks.

All that for comparision sake.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
Yes, they still honor the grandfathered mugs.  That is not my question though.  Are they refilling the mugs that are the same size and style/identical to the $1 marked Buzz Saw Falls mugs if they are not marked $1 on them, or do they only honor the $1 price if it specifically says $1 on it?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
Yes, they still honor the grandfathered mugs.  That is not my question though.  Are they refilling the mugs that are the same size and style/identical to the $1 marked Buzz Saw Falls mugs if they are not marked $1 on them, or do they only honor the $1 price if it specifically says $1 on it?

I did answer your question...  Unmarked grandfathered mugs should be filled at todays current refill prices...........

As you know, IF they are marked on the mug, that is the refill price..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
This causes problems every year. I have $1.25 refill mugs.  From experience, I found that you must point out the refill price or it may not be honored.  Even pointing it out, I get a couple vendors that tell me I must pay the current refill price.  This usually happens when the hubs is responsible for getting refills.  ;D  I very politely point out that I'd like the $1.25 refill as stated on my mug.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
If you have the very much in demand older mugs, keep the close.  I set mine down to pay for bread at Sullivan's Mill a couple years ago, and it was stolen in a few seconds' time.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 10:13:52 PM »
I’ve still got the 75 cent glass ones. They were still honoring those.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 07:40:00 AM »
This causes problems every year. I have $1.25 refill mugs.  From experience, I found that you must point out the refill price or it may not be honored.  Even pointing it out, I get a couple vendors that tell me I must pay the current refill price.  This usually happens when the hubs is responsible for getting refills.  ;D  I very politely point out that I'd like the $1.25 refill as stated on my mug.

That has happened to me ONCE trough the years..  I insisted they honor the price, The young man would not agree to do so...  So I asked him to dump out my mug and I would go elsewhere in  park, where they follow the rules.....   He charged me 1.00, but wasnt happy about it...   LOL

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
Ok OK you did answer my question.  I have several $1.50 mugs and they always charge $1.75 for some reason.  I have 2 $1 mugs that say $1 and they do charge $1 for those.  I have seen other mugs that are the exact same size and style as the $1 mug with the pop off lid and pop off bottom that do not have a price listed, but I was not sure if they charged $1 due to being smaller size than the others, or did charge the current price.  I always just figured they were still honoring $1 was because those mugs only hold about  half as much as the fatter or taller ones.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »
Ok OK you did answer my question.  I have several $1.50 mugs and they always charge $1.75 for some reason.  I have 2 $1 mugs that say $1 and they do charge $1 for those.  I have seen other mugs that are the exact same size and style as the $1 mug with the pop off lid and pop off bottom that do not have a price listed, but I was not sure if they charged $1 due to being smaller size than the others, or did charge the current price.  I always just figured they were still honoring $1 was because those mugs only hold about  half as much as the fatter or taller ones.

LOL>  truthfully you are probably at their mercy on unmarked mugs..!  they fill them, then charge you what they feel is right., since it isnt on the mug, you cant question the price...