Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > White Water Discussion

White Water Development

(1/5) > >>

shavethewhales:
It's been a long time since we've had much to discuss about White Water. We've pretty much all been in agreement for a long time that the park has fallen behind the competition, and now with a new $400+ million water and adventure park coming to town it looks like it will need to somehow put up or shut up.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much control HFEC has over the current property. It's been a long time since I looked into it, but I thought it was a lease or partial ownership situation. In any case, it's not a big property, though they could pack a lot more in.

They showed signs of life a few years ago when they added the new drop slides and replaced the lazy river. It seemed like they were slowly moving through the park revitalizing everything, but it's dropped off since then.

Think there's any hope for this property long term?

History Buff:
Are we completely sure that this new thing isn't connected with HFE in any way?  They mention whitewater generically a lot in the article (without saying White Water), and the guy was connected with HFE at one time.

shavethewhales:
I didn't see any connection to HFE. A lot of people in this area worked at a HFE property at one time, seeing as they own half the big attractions in town.

HumphreyHawk:
I'm guessing White Water has been a cash cow for the HFE....it makes plenty of money without having to keep up with the Jones around the country.  Water parks are not destination attractions beyond the local area.  Since it is tied with SDC....WW will probably always have the advantage over other parks for getting the extra water park money from tourists.....I'm guessing Branson could support 4-5 indoor water parks (in hotels) and 2 major outdoor parks.  I thinking the next generations of Branson visitors are going to prefer water parks over lake days.

chittlins:

--- Quote from: HumphreyHawk on July 21, 2018, 03:43:42 PM ---I'm guessing White Water has been a cash cow for the HFE....it makes plenty of money without having to keep up with the Jones around the country.  Water parks are not destination attractions beyond the local area.  Since it is tied with SDC....WW will probably always have the advantage over other parks for getting the extra water park money from tourists.....I'm guessing Branson could support 4-5 indoor water parks (in hotels) and 2 major outdoor parks.  I thinking the next generations of Branson visitors are going to prefer water parks over lake days.

--- End quote ---

Last stand alone Water Park I went to on purpose and not part of a theme park like the one at  WOF and SFSL was Volcano Bay and Aquatica. After having done those there ain't any desire to go to White Water. It sends no thrill up my leg. It needs 80% gutted and redone with something designed within the past decade. Outside of the rather tame drop box slide addition, that park might as well stuck in 1995

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version