Author Topic: Theme employees  (Read 3790 times)

bfork1

• View Profile
Theme employees
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »
As I recall, SDC used to have someone on staff that had been around for years to help maintain the original theme of the park in future plans. Do they still have those?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Theme employees
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
Sue Pratt...who, back during my time at the park was an EXCELLENT street troupe member...was the "keeper of the theme" for several years, (the 1990's) but I don't know who does it now...if anyone!
It would be a job I'd love to have...so long as all my recommendations were funded. Let's see, theming for the side and back of FITH that the train passes by, The back of the big ole blue metal building that Wildfire passes by would have to have some theming..maybe wood siding. Last time I was in the Mine Restaurant they had a funny mirror  you looked into while standing in line where you made faces...and the people in the dining area could see the faces you made. That was cute, but the heavy electric cord hanging down by it did not look very 1880s...stuff like that is what I'd want to correct. Higher fence on the back side of Lake Silver so you didn't see the "backstage" area, or the cars whizzing by on Hwy. 76, that stuff really bothers me. Ok, I've vented...on with the show... ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »
Just to illustrate how important the theming and street characters are to me, we were fortunate enough to have been wandering by the big coffin against the red barn right when "Mr. M. Balmer" (the undertaker) was there posing for pictures with some kids. My daughter thought he was funny, and I thought his antics were hilarious. He gave us his "business card" as a souvenir, and was silently on his way. Moments and people like him are what true memories are made of. It is the most important thing to keep the traditional themes and characters in place.
No matter where you go, there you are.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
I have that same card!! that under has no emotion. I wanna shake it outta him. not a smile or a hello!!! but that all the fun right! I wanna see more street troupe out there~! I would so rock the street troupe job!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Sue (Pratt) Noel, is still in charge of maintaining park theme.  The actual theme on new stuff comes from artistic designers whom I do not know.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
All the posts for rock concerts and cartoon characters at SDC are killing me...and not in a good way.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating