Author Topic: Thunder Falls Indoor Water Park and Resort  (Read 5753 times)

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Thunder Falls Indoor Water Park and Resort
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
Learned this week that a brand new Water Park Resort is being built in Yukon, OK .  Just outside the OKC metro.  The new water park which I haven't held my breath on the project till i did a little more research.  Now that construction has started with a schedule opening date of May of 2019.  It's Great wolf type of project done by a local businessman who is getting enormous financial support from local companies and banks to build this resort.  The sign is up and groundwork is underway.   The park is going to take over a year to be built.  It is designed by the makers of Volcano Bay in Orlando.  It will be managed by the same company "ARM"  American Resort Management who is the company that manages EPIC Waters in the DFW area.   The park is 65,000 square feet with an attached 200 room hotel.  It's going to be a massive development located off I-40 and Frisco Road. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Thunder Falls Indoor Water Park and Resort
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:08:07 PM »
I hope that's a very generic depiction of the slides. Outside of the bowl slide, it is a whole bunch of the same. No Wave/wall slide, no tornado sides, no water coaster.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »
Yellow = raft
Red = drop capsule
Blue = traditional body

Not seeing the issue
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:56 PM »
It is a rendition of what to expect.  It is being designed by the guy who designed Volcano Bay in Orlando.  I'm sure it's going to be a very nice waterpark.  Epic Waters in DFW is 80,000 square feet and deemed the largest indoor water park in the nation.  This park is going to be 65,000 square feet.  Larger then a Great Wolf Lodge waterpark.  Those are normally 45,000 square feet.   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:21 AM »
Looks very well thought out to me..  I like the way the floating river goes in and out of most of the pools of water..

1 question?  Where's the bar?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »
Wow, I know that's just a conceptual sketch, but the idea looks great.

Build one in Tulsa next please!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 09:25:24 AM »
Looks very well thought out to me..  I like the way the floating river goes in and out of most of the pools of water..

The layout is great. I just hope for more variety then the generic designs of the tower complexes shown. I didn't see the magical legend that Swoosh provided and if red means drop capsules then wow 7 of them! Wow Hoo. I just hope they aren't as weight restricted as the Vocano Bay ones or there's going to be lots of pissed off Okies.I don't see a typical children's structure with the ever popular drop bucket, I do see two landing zones in the NW corner for what appears to be the reentry point for outdoor slide structures so those might be what I'm looking for.

I hope the he proposed one in Branson is as packed as this one but at 100,000 like it is proposed. The outdoor section of that one is proposed as 55k, just shy of this indoor one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:49:15 AM by chittlins »

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
I took a screenshot from the management company.  I researched the local business men via their FB page. I'm more on board with this project. They pretty much teamed up with EPIC water park in the DFW area. To build this park here in Oklahoma.  the sign is up and construction has actually started.  Spring looks like they will be doing the official ground breaking ceremony.  So that is exciting for Oklahoma to have this type of year around development.  Location will be good to draw people in from Amarillo and Western Oklahoma.  Also people from Tulsa and other parts of Oklahoma will travel to this Water park in the Winter.   

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »

The layout is great. I just hope for more variety then the generic designs of the tower complexes shown. I didn't see the magical legend that Swoosh provided and if red means drop capsules then wow 7 of them! Wow Hoo. I just hope they aren't as weight restricted as the Vocano Bay ones or there's going to be lots of pissed off Okies.I don't see a typical children's structure with the ever popular drop bucket, I do see two landing zones in the NW corner for what appears to be the reentry point for outdoor slide structures so those might be what I'm looking for.

I hope the he proposed one in Branson is as packed as this one but at 100,000 like it is proposed. The outdoor section of that one is proposed as 55k, just shy of this indoor one.

There are quite literally drop capsules drawn for the slides in the middle.  The NW corner slides are kiddie slides like what is being added to Holiday World this year
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 06:29:03 PM »

There are quite literally drop capsules drawn for the slides in the middle.  The NW corner slides are kiddie slides like what is being added to Holiday World this year

So the two red squares on the right are drop boxes? Even though there's no visable tube from these unless you count the one tube that comes out on the oposite side of the platform. But, that leads back up to the load platform. And..... That's absolute proof those three  (not two, my bad) slides  are kiddie slides not reentry portals for slides that are outside and these really short kiddie slides require mats too.

That's keen eye work there Swoosh, I'd rather you'd be working for the NSA, CIA ciphering out grainy Sat images than teaching kids blow a C note and walk at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:25:26 PM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »
lol, I think the point is that they are likely all different. The real slides are likely quite different than this cheeky artist sketch.

It's also kinda sad that this little park inside a dome will have more to offer than Big Splash/Safari Joe's. White Water Bay might be slightly bigger, but not by much. Hopefully this will make an arms race in our local water park scene. It's crazy how some of the public pools are catching up to the old water parks.  ::)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 02:33:24 PM »
It's crazy how some of the public pools are catching up to the old water parks.  ::)

That is so true!! 

Some of these local public pools are amazing!!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »
It's crazy how some of the public pools are catching up to the old water parks.  ::)

That is so true!! 

Some of these local public pools are amazing!!

The cities build them but some hire out the management, Rogers and Ft. Smith both outsource the management.