General Category > Other Parks

Thunder Falls Indoor Water Park and Resort

(1/3) > >>

Kemotblue:
Learned this week that a brand new Water Park Resort is being built in Yukon, OK .  Just outside the OKC metro.  The new water park which I haven't held my breath on the project till i did a little more research.  Now that construction has started with a schedule opening date of May of 2019.  It's Great wolf type of project done by a local businessman who is getting enormous financial support from local companies and banks to build this resort.  The sign is up and groundwork is underway.   The park is going to take over a year to be built.  It is designed by the makers of Volcano Bay in Orlando.  It will be managed by the same company "ARM"  American Resort Management who is the company that manages EPIC Waters in the DFW area.   The park is 65,000 square feet with an attached 200 room hotel.  It's going to be a massive development located off I-40 and Frisco Road. 

chittlins:
I hope that's a very generic depiction of the slides. Outside of the bowl slide, it is a whole bunch of the same. No Wave/wall slide, no tornado sides, no water coaster.

Swoosh:
Yellow = raft
Red = drop capsule
Blue = traditional body

Not seeing the issue

Kemotblue:
It is a rendition of what to expect.  It is being designed by the guy who designed Volcano Bay in Orlando.  I'm sure it's going to be a very nice waterpark.  Epic Waters in DFW is 80,000 square feet and deemed the largest indoor water park in the nation.  This park is going to be 65,000 square feet.  Larger then a Great Wolf Lodge waterpark.  Those are normally 45,000 square feet.   

sanddunerider:
Looks very well thought out to me..  I like the way the floating river goes in and out of most of the pools of water..

1 question?  Where's the bar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version