Author Topic: Magic Springs  (Read 12929 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Springs
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 08:08:11 AM »
I see that GG coaster going to that small park in France for 3 million and it screams Magic Springs.

That Mack Compact extreme Spinning coaster with the turntable for two styles of train makes sense for a park like this because it offers three ride experiences in one. A spinning one, a regular train forward and a regularge train backward ride experience all with launch and inversions.

I think an on site hotel with a water park would do well especially during the horse racing and cabin fever seasons.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:14:44 AM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »
^That would be awesome, but I don't think they could get the ROI on a new coaster here, especially a junior coaster. Theoretically most of their clientele would love it, but that's not what drives people to the park.

A hotel could work here, but it would take more effort than MS is prepared to put into it. There are already so many hotels, especially cheap ones, in the area. Tourism to HS is turbulent and largely consists of people from in-state who aren't exactly rich. They need to focus on making the park a better destination first and foremost so they draw people to HS rather than piggybacking on HS's slowly fading draw.

They are taking thoughtful, albeit fairly cheap, steps at each park in the chain to increase revenue and attendance figures. They've already practically rebuilt most of these parks with cosmetic fixes and fixed infrastructure while at the same time boosting attendance with decent concert series at each park. They've slowly expanded the halloween events and introduced one for MS which was a success. Now they are expanding into Christmas and adding NEW rides again. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get back to adding things that get us really excited (ie: coasters), but we can all be thankful that they saved these parks from ruin and are keeping them on the right tracks.

A couple more flats and a retracking of Twister and this park will be great again.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
When I visited this past summer the park was very clean the staff was extremely friendly. Yes it did look like they spent money on infrastructure the buildings looked like they been cleaned up painted and refreshed.  The operations of the park was spot on the restroom were kept very clean while the park was fairly busy that is a plus when a small park has such good operations they can keep up with a busy day.   The eating places tables were cleaned up fairly quickly like the employees took pride in their job.  You still had a few but it was not anything I expected from trip reports I scene online.  It was way better then those reports. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »
^That would be awesome, but I don't think they could get the ROI on a new coaster here, especially a junior coaster. Theoretically most of their clientele would love it, but that's not what drives people to the park.

A hotel could work here, but it would take more effort than MS is prepared to put into it. There are already so many hotels, especially cheap ones, in the area. Tourism to HS is turbulent and largely consists of people from in-state who aren't exactly rich. They need to focus on making the park a better destination first and foremost so they draw people to HS rather than piggybacking on HS's slowly fading draw.

They are taking thoughtful, albeit fairly cheap, steps at each park in the chain to increase revenue and attendance figures. They've already practically rebuilt most of these parks with cosmetic fixes and fixed infrastructure while at the same time boosting attendance with decent concert series at each park. They've slowly expanded the halloween events and introduced one for MS which was a success. Now they are expanding into Christmas and adding NEW rides again. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get back to adding things that get us really excited (ie: coasters), but we can all be thankful that they saved these parks from ruin and are keeping them on the right tracks.

A couple more flats and a retracking of Twister and this park will be great again.

This park is supposedly getting a Larson Drop Tower, cheap and quick I guess since there's a spot where the S&S was. It's significant that they are adding a dry ride.

I have also been following their Summer Concert announcements. Seems a little less diversified than year's past but all things considered, solid for a theme park fare.

Sister Hazer and Vertical Horizon

Queensryche, Warrant, and Great White

Granger Smith

Crowder

Martina McBride

Kansas

TobyMac

Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult (There goes Tokyo)

Seether

Skillet

Lauren Alaina

with three more to be annouced, looks like two nites of concerts for Labor Day.

A quick add for this park would be a Disko or one of those SBF Visa spinning coasters.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »
They didn’t have an S&S Tower it was from ARM
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »
They didn’t have an S&S Tower it was from ARM

Well this seems to replace that one.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
Sorry.  I thought I was in the Frontier City thread.  The tower here was S&S.  My mistake
SWOOSH