Author Topic: America's Fun Park in Branson  (Read 21268 times)

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: America's Fun Park in Branson
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
Oh man, that's sad. So much for the whole "re-opening in the fall" idea then. Not that they would be able to find staff at this point anyway.

Maybe they'll try again next year? Seems like they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

There are so many places in town that are looking for help right now its crazy. Last week I believe I saw the Wendy's on Main Street offering signing bonuses again. With all the visa workers leaving now, I regularly deal with many of them, there's gonna be plenty of openings. Yet I don't see many jumping at this opportunity because of what happened with them over the summer. I really agree this is a seeing what sticks type of move.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
There's sort of a concrete block channel going up.  I'll look closer next time I drive by.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »
There's sort of a concrete block channel going up.  I'll look closer next time I drive by.

Could that be there "track"??   and if so, why do they need drivers?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
The facebook page says they are construction a LeMans-style track. One of my friends applied to be a driver... I guess I'll see from him how it works out.

I hate to see them try so hard and potentially have it all go to waste. I want them to succeed, but it looks like one swing and miss after another.

There's going to be a lot of jokes about "Why would you pay $25 for that when you can drive on a typical Ozark hill road for free?" Coming in over the hill from Cape Fair is pretty much like a drift track if you aren't careful.