Author Topic: America's Fun Park in Branson  (Read 21242 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: America's Fun Park in Branson
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »
It’s amazing the change in information in just one week.  They were originally going with a Windstorm and had said as such and then out of nowhere comes Groovy Train - a Super Cyclone

The Windstorm was announced this week. https://www.facebook.com/americasfunpark/

So three new coasters in Branson next year!

Jay

Could be 4.  Heard whispers that a kiddie coaster might be coming to this park as well
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »
There's a lot of serious work out there right now. I'll upload some photos later. They are indeed building permanent structures and putting in proper storm/sewer/water/etc. lines.

Seeing it in person makes me question the location. It seems much smaller in person, and they are putting in so many rides + at least 2 big coasters? They are going to need a TON of parking, and even if everything is scrunched together they will only have space for a small fraction of their potential customers. Perhaps they have a trick up their sleeves involving satellite parking?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »
On my list to drive by and check out this weekend..   will take some pics if need be...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
Just added the photos to the FB page. It looks like an even smaller lot in real life than it does on google maps. Hard to say how much of the surrounding land they own. It'll be interesting to see this come together. They obviously have something up their sleeves because this is real construction, not just throwing stuff in a parking lot like I had thought might be the case.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »
These folks are certainly putting some effort into it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 10:31:48 AM »
Saw the pictures, lots of work going on there. 

Open in 60 days?  Hmm we will see. 

I will try to get some close up pics this weekend...

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
I drove by today...they where working on framing up a relatively mid-sized building.  They aren't messing around.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 07:21:02 AM »
There's a lot of serious work out there right now. I'll upload some photos later. They are indeed building permanent structures and putting in proper storm/sewer/water/etc. lines.

Seeing it in person makes me question the location. It seems much smaller in person, and they are putting in so many rides + at least 2 big coasters? They are going to need a TON of parking, and even if everything is scrunched together they will only have space for a small fraction of their potential customers. Perhaps they have a trick up their sleeves involving satellite parking?

Branson's version of Grona Lund ;D

Anyhoo, pricing  is up on the Web site. With them building permanent pads and structures, I wonder if the use of mobile carney rides is temp and going forward they add their own rides.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 08:21:11 AM »
here is website..     https://www.americasfunpark.com/

What do you think about the pricing structure?   

I can see parents dropping the kids off and coming back later to get them...

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »

Seems reasonable but I'll have to check it out in person.

There was some question if there was going to be two full grown coasters. Seems there is along with a kiddie coaster. They see the Windstorm as their prized attraction though.

To this day, if Celebration City was free entry and ride wristband or ala carte with actually late night weekend hours, it would still be open. Heck, this could have been set up in there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:07:14 AM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »
To this day, if Celebration City was free entry and ride wristband or ala carte with actually late night weekend hours, it would still be open. Heck, this could have been set up in there.

So true.  The idea was ahead of its time for Branson, But if they had structured the user fees differently, I still think it would have worked out fine.. They had decent rides, and a variety of things to do.. too bad...  It could have worked.. :-\ 

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »

So true.  The idea was ahead of its time for Branson, But if they had structured the user fees differently, I still think it would have worked out fine.. They had decent rides, and a variety of things to do.. too bad...  It could have worked.. :-\

They could closed it for a season, axed the overhead with the shows, sought franchisees for eateries(Panda, Chick-fil-a, Nathan's, ColdStone, AuntieAnns) and basically just collect rent and run the rides and general upkeep.

They could do this today if they wanted to. This and the general lack of new additions to Whitewater is my only WTF concerning Herschend.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2018, 05:44:02 PM »
Job Fair, tomorrow at Stone Castle.. 9-11..   
2 hours?  that wont take long, I hope they spend more time on the training process..

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »

Seems reasonable but I'll have to check it out in person.

would love to see them add a Eurofighter. Small footprint Great ride

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »
FYI.  I confirmed with their PR person that they will not be ready this weekend like they originally planned.  They’re hoping it’ll only be a week delay, but she stated she wouldn’t know until later this week at the earliest
SWOOSH