Author Topic: Frontier comes back to BKG  (Read 6532 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Frontier comes back to BKG
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
Service to Denver, I'm sure it'll be 3x to 4x weekly.

Let's hope this leads to Austin, Cincy, and Orlando as they build up connecting at those airports.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:16:57 AM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier comes back to BKG
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
This is definitely a trail balloon. Service is 3x weekly June 13th through the first week of August. Let's hope it impresses and it gets extended. After all Christmas is now huge business for SDC.

one ways on sale for 29 bucks right now. Even cheaper if you are a Den member.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
June?  Rats!

I'm excited that they're coming back.  Very much so.  But I was hoping (not realistically) that they would have started in March.  Gotta book a couple of flights back and forth from Denver and that would have been perfect.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »
This is a good thing.. I hope it stays in place, and after the promo price stops.... hope the regular price is reasonable..

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 04:39:51 PM »
This seems to be a wade back into to the waters. The service as of now is second week of June to the first week of August. Basically Summer Break. I would hope it's successful enough that they'd consider extending it or consider bringing it back for Nov and Dec for Christmas season.

Hopefully, now that Frontier is going back a little of somewhat of operating mini hubs and Den that they start adding flights back like the one had.

Right now, it appears they are building Austin Tx back up into a mini hub and there's always Orlando. They seem to be building up Cincy to offer limited connections as well.

My hope is that next summer we see 3x service to DEN,MKE, AUS or DWF, and MCO.

If 412 was ever 4 laned, divided from Huntsville to Harrison, they could really find a niche offering Branson service along with supporting those flights by poaching from  NWA and Springfield. I'd fly Frontier to MCO over Allegiant to Sanford any day, all day.

On the airport thread, I posted thay in addition to Denver and San Diego, they are adding San Jose California(Bay Area) and Washington Dulles.

If you have one of those Cedar Fair season passes that include all their parks, You could hit up Knotts Berry and Great America and Kings Dominion on the cheap.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »
Last year Silver Airways based out of Florida announced a rather large order of ATR 72 turboprops. The newer ones are rather nice. They then hinted at Services from Orlando to places like Huntsville AL and Branson. They announced Huntsville today. Maybe BKG is next? They offer connections to lots Carribbean Islands as well if it happens.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 07:30:39 AM »
Well, Silver announced Branson Service with Houston , Chicago and New Orleans. Via Air is going to try Austin again, hopefully they have improved their reliability.

I also noticed that Frontier's BKG service got extended through to the end of their schedule extension to mid November.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »
Frontier has extended BKG till the end of the current booking window in November.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 12:51:50 PM »
For 2021, Frontier will run from April to the New Year. They look to service the Christmas season for the first time.

The connection times from BKG suck requiring an overnight in Den. Much better off flying them out of XNA  or even TUL or LIT if connecting.

I have heard Breeze and BKG could happen in time. New airline by the guy that started Jet Blue

https://www.flybreeze.com/

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 09:24:32 PM »
I have heard Breeze and BKG could happen in time. New airline by the guy that started Jet Blue

February 2020... he picked one heckuva time to launch a new airline.

As for "nice", I've always liked SWA for that, but my only real points of comparison are Delta and AA.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 08:48:25 AM »
Would somebody please translate the alphabet soup into English?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
XNA = Northwest Arkansas Airport
BKG = Branson Airport
SWA = Southwest Airlines
AA = American Airlines
TUL = Tulsa International Airport
LIT = Little Rock Airport

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 10:00:34 AM »

February 2020... he picked one heckuva time to launch a new airline.

As for "nice", I've always liked SWA for that, but my only real points of comparison are Delta and AA.

He started JetBlue right before 9-11 and made a profit in the aftermath.

He has some e-195s at over 100 seats that he is basically getting for near nothing lease rates.  He has a pilot pool that didn't exist before covid and the plane he has on order actually has less operating costs than the regional jets, 737s and A320s

His A220s are going to rock, widest seats in the market and a 2x3 layout.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:09:36 AM by chittlins »