Author Topic: Grand Palace is sold at auction...  (Read 9347 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Grand Palace is sold at auction...
« on: February 06, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Grand Palace is sold at auction...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »
Uh, yeah, deja vu...

This "Kingdom Wealth Builders LLC" tried to buy GP at auction in 2011 
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_e1842594-a418-11e0-829c-001cc4c03286.html

A few months later, after they couldn't actually shake out the money, it sold to someone else for $6.5 million
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_71e92e40-eec9-11e0-95e0-001cc4c03286.html

And now Kingdom is back a few years later to try again? Do they have the money this time? Who was the idiot to pay $6.5 million only to do nothing with the property and sell for over a million less after a few years? I'm not holding my breath for anything good to come here anytime soon.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 03:48:02 PM »
Shave.

thats  what I was trying to remember. .   

Just couldnt come up with the details..   

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »
Uh, yeah, deja vu...

This "Kingdom Wealth Builders LLC" tried to buy GP at auction in 2011 
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_e1842594-a418-11e0-829c-001cc4c03286.html

A few months later, after they couldn't actually shake out the money, it sold to someone else for $6.5 million
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_71e92e40-eec9-11e0-95e0-001cc4c03286.html

And now Kingdom is back a few years later to try again? Do they have the money this time? Who was the idiot to pay $6.5 million only to do nothing with the property and sell for over a million less after a few years? I'm not holding my breath for anything good to come here anytime soon.

Wasn't it someone that owned some Ripley's and whatnot.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »
Maybe......

I also heard they were going to level it and put it a new waterpark attraction ::) ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:34 PM »
Maybe......

I also heard they were going to level it and put it a new waterpark attraction ::) ::)

I can't be the only one that thinks a Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari would go over VERY WELL in Branson
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
Maybe......

I can't be the only one that thinks a Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari would go over VERY WELL in Branson

Even though I would never spend the money on Great Wolf Lodge, Your'e right one in the Branson area, close or in town would be a good hit..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:28:04 AM »
I'm ready for anything to happen to it. Such a huge, prime piece of property going to waste all these years... it's been a damn shame.

I'm really not optimistic about this company in particular, but if they can at least get to work and maybe get a few concerts booked, then that's something.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Maybe......

Branson screams for a massive indoor waterpark. Cabin fever getaways would keep it slammed on weekends in winter. I personally would like a WilderNess in the Smokies that has indoor and outdoor.

The market has flown past what Grand Country offers.

This would be a horrible  location for it, traffic wise. I hope the proposed one for across the Celebration City property takes flight.

I also think Sight and Sound should develop an American History based show theater also that does what their biblical show does.  I'd put one here and in Williamsburg area.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:02:32 AM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
I also think Sight and Sound should develop an American History based show theater also that does what their biblical show does.  I'd put one here and in Williamsburg area.

Thats an interesting idea.. BUT IF it was based on acutual historical facts.. You would have people screaming!  Racism, favoratism, political corruption, and anything else that sombody/anybody could cry about..

Think about the crap we are seeing everyday now..  MOST of it is History related..  Racism?,  Rebel Flag?, National Monuments?  Names of Football teams (indian related).. "Dixie" Stampede,  Also they changed their Dixie show a couple of years ago..   The list goes on and on..... ::) ::)

Not wanting to to start an arguement, this is my opinion... Great Idea...  But lots of red flags. OH NO!! Red?? as in communist? is that a racial thing???   LOL>>>>.........

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »

Thats an interesting idea.. BUT IF it was based on acutual historical facts.. You would have people screaming!  Racism, favoratism, political corruption, and anything else that sombody/anybody could cry about..

Think about the crap we are seeing everyday now..  MOST of it is History related..  Racism?,  Rebel Flag?, National Monuments?  Names of Football teams (indian related).. "Dixie" Stampede,  Also they changed their Dixie show a couple of years ago..   The list goes on and on..... ::) ::)

Not wanting to to start an arguement, this is my opinion... Great Idea...  But lots of red flags. OH NO!! Red?? as in communist? is that a racial thing???   LOL>>>>.........

They already cover something that is 'controversial' with their Biblical productions. This isn't California

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »
No, this isnt Calif..    But that would not stop the controversial issue that people would come up with nationwide...

Of course we are talking about something that doesnt exist and probably wont.. ::) ::)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
The Grand Palace as an aquarium.....

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/branson-s-grand-palace-to-be-home-of-a-new-aquarium/1390998255

Jay

Interesting. Before Wonders of Wildlife finally opened I would have said a sure fire home run.  Now?  That puts 2 huge aquariums within an hour of each other.  I can see it being a great fit, but wondering how much the two will compete with each other.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 06:29:58 AM »
They won’t compete against each other.  Branson tourists only view Springfield as a pass thru town and if the tourists are just on 44 passing thru they might stop in Springfield but not go on down to Branson. 
SWOOSH