General Category > Other Parks

Question regarding other Parks

(1/4) > >>

npd652:
I'm looking at going to the following parks in 2018 and was wondering if anyone can tell me how many days it would take to enjoy each park.

Kings Island
Cedar Point
Six Flags over Great America
Worlds of Fun

At Cedar Point....where is the best place to stay. I was thinking just staying at Hotel Breakers at the park itself....to avoid parking and traffic headaches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shavethewhales:
Cedar Point takes at least two days. You can barely grab all the credits in one, and that's assuming you buy a fast pass and dash around the park. With two days you have just enough time to hit up everything and ride some of the biggest rides a couple times. I spent a couple days there two summers ago, and even with a premium fast pass on one of the days it was tough to get my fill. Just so much coastering to do there. I stayed at one of the cheaper CP hotels just down the causeway from the park... Breakers Express I think it's called. It was very nice, and the package deal was pretty good - especially with the morning bonus time on some of the coasters.

I managed to do King's Island in a day when I went three summers ago. I had to buy a fast pass there as well though. I could see spending two days there, but the coaster collection isn't quite as good as CP (IMO), so I didn't feel like I had to pry myself away after a full day.

Worlds of Fun isn't that big of a park and a single day is enough.

Haven't made it to SFGA yet, but it's on my short list.

Swoosh:

--- Quote from: npd652 on January 04, 2018, 01:45:58 PM ---I'm looking at going to the following parks in 2018 and was wondering if anyone can tell me how many days it would take to enjoy each park.

Kings Island
Cedar Point
Six Flags over Great America
Worlds of Fun

At Cedar Point....where is the best place to stay. I was thinking just staying at Hotel Breakers at the park itself....to avoid parking and traffic headaches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

Are you planning on purchasing Fast Lane+ at CP and/or KI?
Are you planning on visiting the water parks?
What day of the week are you planning for each park?
Why are you not hitting Holiday World?

sirwillow:
Adding on to Swoosh's questions:

What time of the year do you plan on going to each?  (day of the week, as Swoosh mentioned, is also important)
What rides and attractions do you like to do?  Just coasters?  flats? shows? everything?
and yes, why aren't you visiting Holiday World?  lol

Really those, your answers to the questions Swoosh and I ask are big when trying to figure out how much time you need.  If you're going on summer weekends and want to ride everything, then most of those are going to be 2 day things.  But if you're there a weekday in May and only ride coasters, that will give you a very different answer.

npd652:
We will be going during the summer months (July). I haven't decided on Fast Passes but that always an option. We are going to start the trip at Holiday World (been there multiple times is why I didn't include it) from there hit Kings Island followed by Cedar Point, Six Flags and last stop would be Worlds of Fun. It would be a mixture of weekend and during the week. I really want to make sure I enjoy Cedar Point the most and rather spend three or maybe four days there. I just don't really know how much time a person needs to truly enjoy what the park offers. Like to do the "must see" that you all recommend etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version