Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991  (Read 28390 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
Fantastic news!! I hope we are able to follow K.D. where she goes. She has always treated my wife and me like royalty. She’s the best!!

I am hoping so also,  Time will tell..

But in the meantime,, If there is a problem at Classic,  We can call michele at 417-332-2121 for rooms..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2018, 08:54:43 AM »
I have been getting PM's and questions about Classic, KD and the "new" location.., Hopefully the following info will bring you up to date,,,,

Yes, K.D. did get closed on her new place, NO she hasnt moved in yet.. (cant get time off >:()

Yes, K.D. is still at Classic, Why you say? 
I dont know, i told her throw the keys on the desk and walk out.  She tells me she has a feeling of loyalty to her clientle and doesnt want to leave them..  I explained to her, and she realizes it already, she is losing customers already because of new ownership... I suggested she make a customer list and move on....

For the time being I am hanging in at Classic for K.D..  I deal only with here, she will take care of us as always.. I was there for 3 days this last weekend, and except for parking lot, NEVER saw the owners.  (thats ok for me).

IF you dont feel comfy, staying at classic, by all means call Michele at 417-322-2121, several people already have. She has agreed to help us out as a group or individually this winter until we make other arrangemenst elsewhere..  If I had my way, we would stay the all through the year, But becasue of contract with housing, the HAll of Fame cant take care of us during the "season" (april15-sept15).    Again make sure you identify yourself as SDCfan member, and tell her any special room requiremsnts you may need... Example- Someone called last week needed double queens beds in a handicap room with walk in shower...  Hall of Fame does not have that, But michelle was able to find a room elsewhere.

I have met with another motel on the SOTH, they have agreed to match our Classic deal. They are open all year, Have a better parking area, smaller pool, easy access to street and so on.  I have met both the asst mgr, the general man, and #3 manager, All 3 nice people, speak and understand fluent English ;)

I did a walk through the rooms, all nice motel rooms.. they have single king, single queen, double queens.. All rooms have small table and sit down comfy chair, all are carpeted, all have flat screen TV,  ...the single rooms all have either a big easy chair and foot stool, or a love seat/couch for lounging.

The breakfast is a minimal thing, a lot like classic, but they do have fresh HOT biscuits and Gravy, also boiled eggs. And a lady their to assist you in what you or your kids may need..  Nice touch I thought.

I like this motel overall and am sure it will fit most of our needs.

Couple of things they DONT have..  No pet rooms, No walk in showers in the Handicap rooms.
I am not releasing the name of motel yet.  Waiting on K.D.,,  AND something else may come up ;D

K.D. indicated to me she would like us to go with her to her new location..  I of course old her we would love to depending on location and few other details. I am hanging with her for now.   IF she finds a another place soon, I would like to think that by bringing our group with her, as well as her customer list, it would put her in a better positions for salary negotiation and management title...  After all with our group.. and her customers, you could be easily talking about 50-60,000 dollars in revenue per year, If not more..

IF Moving with K.D. doent work out, we will move on since I have all the ground work laid already..

Any other questions? concerns?  Post or PM me....

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »
Your work is MUCH appreciated!

I, too, hope we can stay with KD.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2018, 05:20:30 PM »
The job market is so hot right now, especially in Branson. I don't get the loyalty to a place that's apparently not treating her right. Keep nudging her along.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »
I for one would love to stay with KD as well.  I really do not understand why she does not tell them to stick it.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2018, 06:51:13 AM »
Hope to hear what arrangements have been made, planning early December visit for a week
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2018, 08:58:24 AM »
I will keep you updated right here.. 

Keep in mind, IF you dont want to stay at Classic for the time being, call Michele at 417-332-2121, and she will assist us this winter..I do expect to make final preps and arrangements in the next 30 days or so.

We have our locked in rates at Classic as long as K.D. is there..

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »
Just got back from a 2 night mid-week stay at Classic. Didn't see much of the owners. Noticed some more minor changes. The room we stayed in with a king bed used to have an arm chair; it had been replaced with another bedside table. K.D. said she would let us know if she moved on.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2018, 01:58:44 PM »
Just got back from a 2 night mid-week stay at Classic. Didn't see much of the owners. Noticed some more minor changes. The room we stayed in with a king bed used to have an arm chair; it had been replaced with another bedside table. K.D. said she would let us know if she moved on.

Sounds like it is about the same... 

K.D. getting any time off to move in yet?

milhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
KD gonna need help moving? I’d be willing to take a couple of my off days to come up from Jonesboro to help out

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
KD gonna need help moving? I’d be willing to take a couple of my off days to come up from Jonesboro to help out

You might contact her and let her know...

But I think the biggest problem is getting the time off... :(

I bet if "we" knew what day... "we" could get enough help and pickups, we could move her in about an hour!!  LOL

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »

You got a king room?  They always give us 2 queens or doubles, whatever they are.  I thought the king rooms were not available on our rate

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »
You got a king room?  They always give us 2 queens or doubles, whatever they are.  I thought the king rooms were not available on our rate

All rooms are the same price,  single King,  double queen, Handicap.. The "problem" at Classic has always been they only have 4 "King" rooms,  usually there is a recliner in the room along with table and 2 chairs,  Last week I also did NOT have a recliner.  In the past if the recliner was missing , call K.D., and they would bring 1 to you.. I dont know about know,, ::)   

Like wise as I make new arrangements,
ALL the rooms  will be the same price..  Single King, Single Queen, Double Queen..

milhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
My wife prefers the two queens. Says I have to sleep in my own bed since I hog the covers 😁

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »
I got ya, I just always assumed king rooms must be more expensive for some reason.  Now I know!