Author Topic: Numbers today  (Read 17045 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers today
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »

[/quote]

Does anyone know what the plan is for 465?  Will it ever be extended south or over into Branson? 

Just looking a Google Maps....it looks like they could cut a road through/by lot 5 east to 265 (easier said than done in the hills) and create another feeder road to the lots/Indian Point.  Not sure if that would make it any better or worse for SDC traffic and the locals but in my mind it might relieve some of the backup of 76 if people could in in through 265.  SDC would have to figure out how to handle the 2nd traffic flow though....or have them do a u turn on Indian Point....I don't know of a major park that has two traffic entrances (most have paid parking booths to go through).
[/quote]

It will NEVER extend to SDC, not designed for that..

It is supposed to go south and east and tie into 165 north of TR lake,,BUT that wont happen until there is something major happening at CC or another location justifies it.... (maybe a new waterpark and resort area ::)) After there is steady, traffic demand.....then maybe extend 465..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 06:38:10 PM »
numbers for today? tuesday...
3:00-  3800
6:00-  7100

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »
Tuesday total-   8700

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
Wed..... at 4:00-  4000

days total- - -      6100!!!!

This cold weather is really putting the hammer on these numbers!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:22 PM »
Probably due to it being post Christmas and the fact non of the rides are operational at these temps.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 07:49:31 AM »
yeah,  and the rides are not going to be doing much running this week through new years..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »
Yeah there were 10s of people there yesterday.  Farm/OR area was completely roped off.  Only the Mine & Train we’re open. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »
This only highlights the need for more enclosed rides as they drift into near year round ops.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »
Planning on going Saturday with the kids.  Hoping the numbers aren't crazy that day.  They're prepared for no rides, but our Christmas visits are usually show oriented.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »
Probably due to it being post Christmas and the fact non of the rides are operational at these temps.

Post Christmas isn't the problem.  I've seen incredibly busy days after Christmas.  Date wise for many it's a big time for them to go because of vacations, and when the weather is decent, they will have huge days during this week.

It's the cold, pure and simple.  People don't want to be out in that cold for long periods of time, so the don't go.  It's miserable in the park when it's that frigid.

The ride closures probably don't really make much of a difference as it seems guests are oblivious to the fact that the rides are closed because of temperature until after they get there and are in the park.  There's not a lot of notice outside about the closures, and even if there were I doubt people would see them or pay any attention.  When I worked there I had a ton of guests confused and surprised about the rides being closed because of the cold.

Really, this week is so dependent on the weather.  If the weather is nice, it can easily be the biggest week of the year.  But when it's frigid cold like this, it won't be.  A little cold air won't keep them away, but this much will.  I'll bet New Year's Eve is a bomb when they're predicting the high temperatures won't get out of the teens.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
This only highlights the need for more enclosed rides as they drift into near year round ops.

Except for the fact that the indoor rides get effected by the cold too.  Fire in the Hole cannot operate if it is below freezing.  The guns in the Firehouse are having issues because of the cold (the compressed air).  The electronics in Mine are having issues because of the cold.

So no.  Being inside isn't going to help anything when it is this cold.
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »
I happened to be in the Branson area yesterday for work and for giggles drove up to the city.  Preferred parking was not that full, lot 2 had cars in it but I did not drive down in there to see how many cars were there.  This was about 1:30-2.  I thought about going in and walking around but decided I did not want to wait lord knows how long on a tram.  If I had preferred parking I may have done it.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2017, 10:30:12 PM »

Except for the fact that the indoor rides get effected by the cold too.  Fire in the Hole cannot operate if it is below freezing.  The guns in the Firehouse are having issues because of the cold (the compressed air).  The electronics in Mine are having issues because of the cold.

So no.  Being inside isn't going to help anything when it is this cold.

I'm willing to bet those issues could be fixed though (albeit at considerable expense in FITH's case). A modern indoor ride wouldn't have those issues.

I'll bet the PTB is nashing their teeth this week. If winter had held off a little longer they could have ended the year with an additional 50,000-100,000 guests. Poor end to a very strong Christmas season. It would have been packed out this week if it had been even 50 degrees out, but winter showed up this year.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 03:41:49 AM »
Probably gonna take a chance out there tomorrow just so I can get one more trip logged for the season. Forecast temp is 42. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=157&y=229&site=sgf&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=157&map_y=229#.WkYMnXZG2Uk