Author Topic: Numbers today  (Read 17047 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers today
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
That all sounds insane....its a thursday!!!!

Remember these posts when the tix prices start going up....or....i hate to write this....they start charging for parking.  The cost of SDC being an awesome park.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »
That all sounds insane....its a thursday!!!!

Remember these posts when the tix prices start going up....or....i hate to write this....they start charging for parking.  The cost of SDC being an awesome park.

Here's the thing that people complaining about prices don't get:

When they are reaching over-capacity crowds at the prices they have now, how much worse would it be with lower ticket prices that more can afford.  Law of Supply and Demand says that you raise prices to help ease the crowding problems.

Or come up with some other ways to deal with them.  They've already expanded parking lots, and on days like this it's not enough.  The front entry area is overwhelmed, and as has been pointed out they need more areas in the park for the crowd to go to.

So their problems are: how to limit crowds on what would be huge days like this, or how to expand infrastructure to handle them.  It's a good problem to have.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »
So it's funny when we were there Thursday we got there about an before opening and already had to park in lot 5.  I could tell it was going to be busy but I never thought it was going to be as busy as it ended up.  By pure luck I ended up being the very first rider on PK that day.  That was a first for me.  We rode it a couple of times and the line for that was already out of the building.  We then headed over to WF which was within 20 minutes of park opening and the line for that was already out of the building and back to about where the stairs are.  WF usually moves pretty quick and looking at the app later it listed it as 90 minute wait.  That was about the time we decided it was time to get out of there.

They would be better off limiting entry when they start getting too full rather than taking a beating on their reviews, IMO.  I was ready a review from the other day on their facebook page about somebody getting physically attacked while waiting for the parade.  I would normally have thought that the guy was nuts except it almost happened to us. 

This is is for us for 2017, will be back in 2018.  We never did get on the train during this Christmas season.  Oh well.  We were going to try Thursday but it was backed all the way up the hill and down the corkscrew.  Not really sure how far down that the line went. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
Friday   12-22-17,    only 8,000 people....... ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »
It’s time for another flex building and anothe broadway show.  I suggest the building be past Fireman’s Landing in that parking lot and when they don’t need it, it could be backstage. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »
It’s time for another flex building and anothe broadway show.  I suggest the building be past Fireman’s Landing in that parking lot and when they don’t need it, it could be backstage.

Why wouldnt they demo out the old Riverfront building and redesign and rebuild on that spot?  that would keep foot traffic down in that area..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »

Agreed, this would greatly assist and give an opportunity to include "milling" space.  I have suggested a European style Christmas village.  Good as another in park destination and a chance for SDC to monetize the area.  Plenty of portable craft buildings to use and plenty of space in the area.  Maybe make the entrance near Firemans landing as well to not add to the congestion around "Bedford Falls."

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »
Friday   12-22-17,    only 8,000 people....... ;D

Actually, if you think about it with the weather- the cold and rain- that's a really big crowd in that case.  Used to be on a bad weather day like that, the number would be closer to 2,000.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »

Agreed, this would greatly assist and give an opportunity to include "milling" space.  I have suggested a European style Christmas village.  Good as another in park destination and a chance for SDC to monetize the area.  Plenty of portable craft buildings to use and plenty of space in the area.  Maybe make the entrance near Firemans landing as well to not add to the congestion around "Bedford Falls."

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough.  The entrance would be the fence between Lil Swings and Up the Ladder where the fence is.  That way when not being used the fence is closed off and the building is backstage
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »

Why wouldnt they demo out the old Riverfront building and redesign and rebuild on that spot?  that would keep foot traffic down in that area..

Because that Theatre is going away eventually along with boatworks as they redirect traffic in that section of the park.  Supposedly a new Theatre will be built somewhere over there to replace.   But having the flex building off stage would make their music festivals easier to run
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »
FYI- Sat number...    14,500.     

loudmama

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2017, 08:28:09 PM »
I live in Branson and work in branson  west and on thursday got a look at the traffic issue.  I was late for work and wound up going 248 west to 160 to 13 then to branson west, what a nightmare. >:(  only lived here a few years but am amazed at how crowded it gets and how its handled.

My thoughts if you dont mind a newbie giving some thoughts on the subject.
1.  someone on here mention grand palace parking lot.  good idea
      how about bulldozing celebration city and using it as parking with shuttle service. along with area around steak and shake and possibly other araas that arent being used.

2 lit up sign to let people know about traffic situation so they know whats going on.  This was already mentioned
    by someone else.  Not my idea but a good one :)

3  what is the idea behind 465,  to create another traffic jam.   jeez 465 meets up with 76 which meets up with 265.  whose idea was that and what was the purpose of the road construction.

Yes I am new and dont get on this board often but have been coming to area since I was a kid and know its a tourist area.  something needs to be done so this wont keep happening but I beleive it will.  at least I know a different
route.

hope you all dont mind my rant.  maybe I will move to branson west and not worry about the traffic.  good day ;D

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2017, 07:47:23 AM »

Are you serious?  Wow you just never know.  I guess it was colder that day.  I debated on going Friday but figured it would be packed so we just went back home.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
This weeks numbers will be interesting,most of the shows in Branson are done for the season, everyone out of school, holiday over and COLD weather....

"Time" will tell. ;D

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
I live in Branson and work in branson  west and on thursday got a look at the traffic issue.  I was late for work and wound up going 248 west to 160 to 13 then to branson west, what a nightmare. >:(  only lived here a few years but am amazed at how crowded it gets and how its handled.

My thoughts if you dont mind a newbie giving some thoughts on the subject.
1.  someone on here mention grand palace parking lot.  good idea
      how about bulldozing celebration city and using it as parking with shuttle service. along with area around steak and shake and possibly other araas that arent being used.

2 lit up sign to let people know about traffic situation so they know whats going on.  This was already mentioned
    by someone else.  Not my idea but a good one :)

3  what is the idea behind 465,  to create another traffic jam.   jeez 465 meets up with 76 which meets up with 265.  whose idea was that and what was the purpose of the road construction.

Yes I am new and dont get on this board often but have been coming to area since I was a kid and know its a tourist area.  something needs to be done so this wont keep happening but I beleive it will.  at least I know a different
route.

hope you all dont mind my rant.  maybe I will move to branson west and not worry about the traffic.  good day ;D

Does anyone know what the plan is for 465?  Will it ever be extended south or over into Branson? 

Just looking a Google Maps....it looks like they could cut a road through/by lot 5 east to 265 (easier said than done in the hills) and create another feeder road to the lots/Indian Point.  Not sure if that would make it any better or worse for SDC traffic and the locals but in my mind it might relieve some of the backup of 76 if people could in in through 265.  SDC would have to figure out how to handle the 2nd traffic flow though....or have them do a u turn on Indian Point....I don't know of a major park that has two traffic entrances (most have paid parking booths to go through).
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"