Author Topic: Numbers today  (Read 17250 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Numbers today
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »
At the park today.  We got here around 2:45.  Every lot is full, including notch.  They parked us in the driving lanes that typically run the preferred parking lines.  I asked a worker in the parking lot if this was expected.  He said they were expecting a large crowd but it is higher than expected. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Numbers today
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »
Hmm? 
I checked on numbers at about 4:15 today,
SDC Estimated attendence is about 19,000,
As of 4:00, there had been 14,500 through the gate..  (But its still daylight, and nice outside)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 07:17:20 PM »
I just talked to a parking lot attendant.  I ran the 14,500 number by him.  He says no way is that the case now.  The parking lots are currently full. People are standing 7 deep to watch the parade.  But people are still trying to come in.  There are lines of people driving in circles trying to get parking spots.  We gave up and left before the parade started.  Lol!!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »
AS of 7:00,   22,500....  :o :o 

"Rack 'em and stack 'em"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
  22,500....  :o :o
I try to avoid December because I can only visit Saturday nights, That number overwhelms me.
Disney World density in small walkways.  I bet the Mid Town section was a zoo  :o :o :o

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:56 PM »
Midtown wasn’t bad at all.  But near the train area, the Christmas tree, the expo, and Friedman’s landing were a madhouse.  You couldn’t move at all.  We are headed back Thursday so we weren’t too concerned about getting a ton of stuff in.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »
Glad you braved it and lived to tell  !! ;D ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 07:52:40 AM »
it was absolutely a zoo of a day.

I dropped my wife off to meet a friend at 11:30.  Wasn't to bad then, but every sign at that point was it was going to be ugly huge.

When I came back just after 6pm, the line of traffic on 76 was still still backed up over a half mile to get in, and both lanes heading up to the park were jammed and not moving. I finally got over to Indian Point and skipped it and met them at lot JD (Just Dirt) they recently built.

Seeing what I saw, honestly I'm thinking that 22k is low.  Sand, do you know if that number was updated at 7:00, or if it was just the number available at 7:00.  Oftentimes when it's really busy like that, they don't get it updated on time.

Final number should be available now, but I no longer have the phone number to call and check like I used to.  :-(
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »
Final number for sat 23,500. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
Sunday?  only 13,000 people...  Been a good day to be there ;D

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
I really wish they had some sort of counter or gauge on the app that said how busy they were or the people count.  They have the ride wait times but that is worthless, especially now with this new updated app.  We are going down Wednesday thru Friday.  Hopefully that won't be too bad.  I am not interested in the parade as we have already seen it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »
I really wish they had some sort of counter or gauge on the app that said how busy they were or the people count.  They have the ride wait times but that is worthless, especially now with this new updated app.  We are going down Wednesday thru Friday.  Hopefully that won't be too bad.  I am not interested in the parade as we have already seen it.

yea.... thats not going to happen..  The PTB would not want the public to know how many people are in park.. People would change there mind after checking the app, afraid of the crowds..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 09:38:20 PM »

I'm surprised. I was told that at one point they were actually turning away people because it was too crowded. Must have been the crowd timing.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
I'm surprised. I was told that at one point they were actually turning away people because it was too crowded. Must have been the crowd timing.

Very well could be, according to my numbers, over 8,000 people went through the gate between 4;00 and 7:00, thats 8,000 people parking cars, catching trams, getting tickets,  and walking in to the gate area in less than 3 hours. :o :o...

AND lets be honest most of them probably arrived before 5;30-6 in order to catch the parade and first tree lighting... ;D ;D

THATS LOTS OF BODIES!! in a short amount of time..

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »
We may try again Thursday.  Anna is complaining of a sore throat so we will play it by ear.