Author Topic: New Waterpark proposed for Branson area  (Read 7264 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Waterpark proposed for Branson area
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 08:34:23 AM »
The Westgate one is tiny though... from what I recall it's more like an indoor pool with a couple extra amenities and a slide or two. This would potentially be an actual water park that would rival any competitor.

And yeah, it sounds like it will be down in the valley below SOTH and north of Celebration City... the actual Mutton Hollow area.

I believe the Westgate Facility is supposed to be 50,000 sf..

Yeah, but check out the similarly sized Westgate facility near Pigeon Forge. It's not just the floorsize, but how they build it. The Westgate version seems aimed at young kids.

Plus these things seem to scale exponentially after 50,000 sf or so. Just from browsing around at various water park resorts, the ones' over 70,000 sf seem to have a lot more slides and major features.

The location plan is interesting... going to have to find a larger version. I thought that road was supposed to be the terminus of the mountain highway?

$422 million is a mega project for Branson though. Let's hope this gets off the ground - could have a snow ball effect.

The westgate facility is being built more for the condo/time share patrons. Consider it "Bragging" rights and advertisement.  Although I am sure it will be open to public, at a premium cost..

I would also like to see a "map" of proposed new waterpark site, with floorplan of building and property usage..  LOL..  The description in news release, and what is actual in the area doesnt really match. :o :o

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »
Here's the latest from Branson Tri-Lakes on the proposed new waterpark near the Henning Conservation area. The proposal goes before the Branson TIF commission on Monday. The article has 2 drawings of the proposed park.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news/article_4504914c-1e4e-11e8-b837-7f13bab4f4c0.html

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »
Wow, getting a lot more excited now. It was already a huge deal, but these latest images are awesome. This could seriously be a game changer for Branson, and I know that's an over-used statement but it applies here. All these little things that we've been getting lately are cool, but they don't drive people here. This is a real attraction, one I would be excited to visit regularly.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 08:29:04 PM »
Here's the latest from Branson Tri-Lakes on the proposed new waterpark near the Henning Conservation area. The proposal goes before the Branson TIF commission on Monday. The article has 2 drawings of the proposed park.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news/article_4504914c-1e4e-11e8-b837-7f13bab4f4c0.html

It's like they have been reading my posts on here.

For years I've yammered on about a whitewater and snow flex combo park. The snow flex has somewhat happened, waiting for the part other than tubes and now this. This is a one up on PF/Gatlinburg.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »
The commission approved the TIF 7 - 4. The proposal now goes before the Board of Aldermen. More details from KY3:

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Future-of-446-million-Branson-water-park-goes-up-for-debate-475824183.html

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »
This will be a great draw/attraction for the Branson area, IF it goes through and is completed.

Depending on fees, this has the potential to put the hurt on WW..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 08:45:37 AM »
Awesome. Sounds like it has momentum. Would be unusual for the BOA to give them too much trouble.

I guess the Landing left a bigger stink than I realized. 23 YEARS with no tax? I guess Branson was a little more desperate back then. To be fair though, that was also a game changer and I think it saved that entire end of Branson. I go over there all the time.