Author Topic: Dogpatch Update 12/17  (Read 13571 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dogpatch Update 12/17
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 01:15:15 AM »
When I first saw the news on FB (the day it broke), I was disheartened. I've followed the progress of restoring the property, and was pleased.

But when it comes to any kind of identity movement, the word "heritage" typically imagines a heritage that never was, and projects a future that will never be.

I haven't looked at the group's FB page, so I don't know anything about alt-right connections. With the proximity to Harrison, it's an easy connection to make, though.

:'(

I'm a native Arkie who rejects racism, so this doesn't make me happy.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »
When I first saw the news on FB (the day it broke), I was disheartened. I've followed the progress of restoring the property, and was pleased.

But when it comes to any kind of identity movement, the word "heritage" typically imagines a heritage that never was, and projects a future that will never be.

I haven't looked at the group's FB page, so I don't know anything about alt-right connections. With the proximity to Harrison, it's an easy connection to make, though.

:'(

I'm a native Arkie who rejects racism, so this doesn't make me happy.

I am not far from Harrison and have many attachments there.  Harrison is not the hotbed of racism they have been saddled with.  This guy is not alt right he is a bad snake oil salesman.  If you look at youtube under his name you will find a show or 2 he produced, musical reviews, I was not impressed at all but nothing about them showed anything that I would refer to as Arian/ nazi/KKK/etc.  Just somebody I would not give a dime too and ever expect it back.  Maybe I am wrong, hopefully so, but he does look like he had some attachment to the old Heritage USA and with the trash up in Blue Eye........ The fact that we could have a PTL outpost in Jasper scares me.  Jim Baker needs to go away for good.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
I am not far from Harrison and have many attachments there.  Harrison is not the hotbed of racism they have been saddled with.

I have friends from Harrison and Newton County, and I agree: just like my all-white home county (Polk), most of the racists moved there because it's almost all white, and weren't born there.

But there's still the connection, and when this snake-oil salesman moves in promoting "heritage", it's pretty clear who he's hoping to attract.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 11:55:58 PM »
I was about to write a post about playing devil's advocate, but upon a little research it seems Jim Bakker has actually been up and running a bunch of stuff for the last decade in and around the Branson area. He currently has a giant complex in blue eye Missouri that has some kind of giant church where he runs an Evangelical show and a bunch of other stuff. He also sells survivalist stuff and does some end times doomsday fearmongering to boost sales and sell books.

It's said that he isn't connected to this project, but it sounds like there is a big back channel of money and schemes that connects all this.

Meh. As long as they don't screw up the place too much, I will really try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it really is a fresh start and they are just a little different about how they present themselves.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
Heritage USA has already started work on top, with the hotel, former Hub, and the campground. They take over the area below, on February 15th, not March 1st. This was to be the last weekend for volunteers to come together and celebrate Dogpatch. Thanks for sh*tty weather, mother nature!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 09:02:42 AM »
I was about to write a post about playing devil's advocate, but upon a little research it seems Jim Bakker has actually been up and running a bunch of stuff for the last decade in and around the Branson area.

Shave you should share what he is involved in Branson as I would prefer not to feed this dude.  Storys from friends that own vacation rentals in Branson about folks in their 90's moving to Blue Eye not having the accommodations promised in Blue Eye community by the church and they are living in monthly rentals during their last days.  Dupped by Jim Baker.  PLEASE let us know what he owns so I NEVER PAY A DIME INTO HIS COFFERS>  This is a scorn on the area.  Ask around, this dude is BAD NEWS!
What does he own or where can we find the info?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »
Heritage USA has already started work on top, with the hotel, former Hub, and the campground. They take over the area below, on February 15th, not March 1st. This was to be the last weekend for volunteers to come together and celebrate Dogpatch. Thanks for sh*tty weather, mother nature!

Ugh, that sucks so much that you guys are missing the last Dogpatch Crew weekend. At least we can rejoice in some small way that the park is being "saved".

mhguy77, as I understand it, Jim Bakker is right back to where he was the last time he was taken down for extreme fraud and swindling, only now he has a few extra tentacles and tricks up his sleeve to help stay under the radar. I don't think he's allowed to collect income due to IRS liens, but he manages to end up with enough in his pocket through various means. That huge complex supposedly isn't owned by him, but it is controlled by him through his close followers. As you probably already know, they sell condo's and home plots for inflated prices to their cult followers. They also sell a lot of doomsday provisions...

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article168653847.html
https://phillyflash.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/a-former-employee-speaks-out-in-regards-to-morningside-and-jim-bakker/comment-page-1/

The guy running Heritage USA claims to have no connection to Bakker, but I mean, look at the obvious:
  • He has previously stated on FB that he was a big supporter of Bakker and the previous Heritage USA
  • He conveniently recycled the name for this project
  • He conveniently located it about an hour away from Bakker's new location
  • There seems to be a lot of shadow figures moving behind the scenes between Heritage USA and Morningside

Just too much intertwining to be a coincidence. It would not surprise me to learn that a cabal of rich pseudo-christian businessmen are pulling the strings here to create a huge media/entertainment/culture empire throughout this region. Where's the money coming from?

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2017/12/08/pokin-around-conservative-broadcast-group-interested-former-dogpatch-site-arkansas/929136001/
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/entertainment-company-plans-resort-at-former-theme-park/

But who knows. At least for now, the plans sound nice and it's nice to see the old place get cleaned up for real. It was getting heartbreaking watching it slowly crumble even with such dedicated volunteers.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
The former waterpark was off the chain for the era.

If I had a billion bucks I would have bought DogPatch. I don't ;D but with today's compact coaster and ride tech, one could pack a punch down there. But, ARK 7 will always be an issue.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:30:49 PM by chittlins »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
Once a con man always a con man. Are people really that gullible ?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »
The guy running Heritage USA claims to have no connection to Bakker, but I mean, look at the obvious:
He has previously stated on FB that he was a big supporter of Bakker and the previous Heritage USA
He conveniently recycled the name for this project
He conveniently located it about an hour away from Bakker's new location
There seems to be a lot of shadow figures moving behind the scenes between Heritage USA and Morningside

Just too much intertwining to be a coincidence. It would not surprise me to learn that a cabal of rich pseudo-christian businessmen are pulling the strings here to create a huge media/entertainment/culture empire throughout this region. Where's the money coming from?

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2017/12/08/pokin-around-conservative-broadcast-group-interested-former-dogpatch-site-arkansas/929136001/
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/entertainment-company-plans-resort-at-former-theme-park/

But who knows. At least for now, the plans sound nice and it's nice to see the old place get cleaned up for real. It was getting heartbreaking watching it slowly crumble even with such dedicated volunteers.

You are probably right.  They better have good fire insurance.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 06:59:42 AM »
Looks like Heritage USA is a no-go for Dogpatch. An eviction notice has been filed in court due to non-payment. Water and electric services have also been cut off due to non-payment. More details from KTLO radio:

http://www.ktlo.com/2018/08/22/eviction-notice-filed-against-company-leasing-dogpatch-theme-park/

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »
lol, the eviction notices started going after them a long time ago. I guess they finally got kicked out of the last piece they had control over. Some people posted photos of them leaving in the moving van last weekend.

Dogpatch is officially back to being an abandoned amusement park. Unfortunately this ordeal has pushed away the team of ardent supporters of the place. What is left will likely go back to crumbling away. It has already lost several important buildings over the last several years, and a lot more were on the edge of failure when I was there last. Plus the vandalism will come back in force with no one watching the place.

I am not hopeful that there is anything left to be done to "save" the place. It will likely be completely bulldozed in the not too distant future. The current owner can't keep hold of it for much longer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »
It is too bad...

but  of course this chapter of Dogpatch comes as no surprise....

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
I drove by the site and the hotel back in early June.  We were in Harrison for my son's baseball tourney and had a couple hours to kill.  I didn't realize how close to the highway the park was....I never had been there before and only know about it through the various websites and posts about it.  I would have tried to talk my way down to the park but my wife and kids weren't exactly as excited as I was about trying to do that in the near 100 degree afternoon....lol.  The hotel looked like it had been cleaned up a bit but it was obviously empty.....only a couple cars anywhere near the hotel.  The place just looked sad and a bit creepy.....like banjo music might start at any minute.  The open sign was lit and poster plastered all of the windows with offers.  I ended up not getting out.....and was expecting someone to pop out as soon as i slowed down....lol.  I can't image anyone wanting to stay there....maybe it could be used as a family getaway camp or a reunion place.  Seemed to me it would only be a matter of time till those folks ran out of money.  Charging for tours of the abandoned park might be the only thing that place could make money on.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
I am not a uber religious type of person but the term "Blessing in Disguise" might be valid here considering the controversy of the situation and the owners history and affiliations. If this got off the ground it could have forever tainted the image and history of Dogpatch if there was indeed a scandal or dirty money put behind it and it became a big controversial issue with people.

EDIT: Too late, its already been happening, stuff like this is all over their Facebook page. Also looks like comments in other posts are being deleted too as some conversation replies seem fragmented.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:48:53 PM by sdcfan88 »